client / server help? Please...

Help each other out

client / server help? Please...

Postby wmandra on Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:09 am

Hello all,
I am having alot of trouble getting the client / server stuff to work. I modified the default skin screens to be more of my liking and modified the ppc screens to match, everything starts up ok but when I click a button on the ppc the screen on the server doesn't change. The way I would like it to work is whenever a button is clicked on either the ppc or the server the other automatically changes as well. For example, If I click movies on the ppc it's screen should change to the ppcmovies screen and the server should also change to the movies screen, likewise, if I use the mouse and click the movies button on the server the ppc should automatically change to the movies screen.

Thanks in advance,
Bill
wmandra

Postby Hiller on Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:39 pm

wmandra,

Unfortunately I'm not at my computer with XLobby right now so I can't look to see exactly where this is but there should be a check box somewhere that creates this functionality. I don't have a PPC so I haven't played with it but I know that Steven has added it. Try looking in the setup (F2) on the tab that has the server/client info. If I had to guess, that is where I would think it would be. If you still can't find it, I'll take a look when I get home.

Steve
Hiller

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:40 pm

This is a feature that has worked off and on it seems like through different releases, I'm pretty sure steven knows about it and is working on getting it fixed again.
jowaldo

Postby wmandra on Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:25 pm

Thanks everyone, I finally figured it out late last night. I didn't realize that I had to click the mimic button first. Everything works great now, and I will post a link to download my skin as soon as I get it finished.
wmandra