Need some help with XLTV and its EPG ...

Xlobby plugin development

Need some help with XLTV and its EPG ...

Postby m_masta on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:52 pm

Just started integrating XLTV into a skin, and things are going fairly well, but I have a couple of issues:

1) I still get the same problem as listed in: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24600&highlight=epg+xltv#24600
For some channels, the last "display-name" in the xmltv file is the same, so I don't get a complete list. I would like to grab the first "display-name" from the xmltv file like suggested in the topic I linked. Was this not fixed? Or do I not have the latest xltv available ?(I downloaded from france.xlobby site)

2) What is the proper way to configure the grabber application? I try to use the "redirect stdout", but all I get is a blank file with the correct name.

Here is how I have it setup:
in Command I have:"c:\xmltv\xmltv.exe"
in Arguments I have:"tv_grab_na_dd --days 1 --output test.xml"
in work dir: "c:\xmltv"
in redirect stdout: "%XMLTV%test.xml"

When I press grab, the file test.xml is properly downloaded in my main "c:\xmltv" folder, but the generated test.xml file in the "plugins\xmltv\...." folder is there, but it is blank.

Thanks for the help
m_masta

Re: Need some help with XLTV and its EPG ...

Postby hvs69 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:11 pm

m_masta wrote:Just started integrating XLTV into a skin, and things are going fairly well, but I have a couple of issues:

1) I still get the same problem as listed in: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24600&highlight=epg+xltv#24600
For some channels, the last "display-name" in the xmltv file is the same, so I don't get a complete list. I would like to grab the first "display-name" from the xmltv file like suggested in the topic I linked. Was this not fixed? Or do I not have the latest xltv available ?(I downloaded from france.xlobby site)

2) What is the proper way to configure the grabber application? I try to use the "redirect stdout", but all I get is a blank file with the correct name.

When I press grab, the file test.xml is properly downloaded in my main "c:\xmltv" folder, but the generated test.xml file in the "plugins\xmltv\...." folder is there, but it is blank.

Thanks for the help

As far as your first Question, the updated dll file from Badubo fixed the problem for me. I see that the link does not work anymore. I can host the file for you in the evening.

Badubo, when you read this message could you please incorporate the above dll into your xltv builds. Thanks.

Question 2, I have no idea. Your syntax appears to be correct. I just use a DOS batch file to download my EPG and not using the xltv app.
hvs69

Postby C-moi on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:28 pm

you can download the last version
http://www.france.xlobby.com/plugins/xltv_NET2.zip
it works with .NET 2.0
Here is my tutorial (in french only)
http://france.xlobby.com/xltv.htm

I prefer to use a .bat file to launch the grab
Code: Select all
xmltv tv_grab_fr --days 9 --output "c:/Program Files/XlobbyFr/plugins/xltv/xmltv/tv.xml"

it's only when you've restarted xlobby that the epg is updated.
C-moi

Postby m_masta on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:43 pm

C-moi wrote:you can download the last version
http://www.france.xlobby.com/plugins/xltv_NET2.zip
it works with .NET 2.0
Here is my tutorial (in french only)
http://france.xlobby.com/xltv.htm

I prefer to use a .bat file to launch the grab
Code: Select all
xmltv tv_grab_fr --days 9 --output "c:/Program Files/XlobbyFr/plugins/xltv/xmltv/tv.xml"

it's only when you've restarted xlobby that the epg is updated.

Merci!
So you output the xml file directly to the xmltv folder instead of using the redirect? I'll do that, or maybe the problem is because I have .NET 2.0 installed, but I'm using old xltv .NET 1.1 version.

Thanks again,
(Oh, je parles francais, donc merci pour la tuto.)

masta
m_masta

Re: Need some help with XLTV and its EPG ...

Postby m_masta on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:44 pm

hvs69 wrote:
m_masta wrote:Just started integrating XLTV into a skin, and things are going fairly well, but I have a couple of issues:

Thanks for the help

As far as your first Question, the updated dll file from Badubo fixed the problem for me. I see that the link does not work anymore. I can host the file for you in the evening.

Badubo, when you read this message could you please incorporate the above dll into your xltv builds. Thanks.

Question 2, I have no idea. Your syntax appears to be correct. I just use a DOS batch file to download my EPG and not using the xltv app.

That would be great!
Let me know where I can get to it later.
m_masta

Postby C-moi on Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:39 pm

So you output the xml file directly to the xmltv folder instead of using the redirect? I'll do that, or maybe the problem is because I have .NET 2.0 installed, but I'm using old xltv .NET 1.1 version.

you can output your epg file directly in this folder C:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\xmltv\
but the first time you associate the epg channels with the channels found by XLTVConfig.exe when you launch K!TV, WinaTV2000, myTheatre or progDVB you have to copy the epg file in
C:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\plugins\xltv\xmltv\
folder : XLTVConfig will read the data in the epg file and display the channels'names in the configuration exe

La première fois où tu associes les chaînes provenant de ton epg avec les chaîens reconnues dans ton soft TV, il faut que ton fichier epg soit dans el dossier C:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\plugins\xltv\xmltv\
mais ensuite tu peux exporter ton epg directement ton epg dans le dossier
C:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\xmltv\
car on n'a pas besoin de décompresser ce fichier. Si tu télécharges ce fichier au format .zip ou .rar, il vaut mieux passer par le dossier
C:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\plugins\xltv\xmltv\
car le plugin va décompresser l'archive.
C-moi

Postby m_masta on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:22 am

Well, the .NET 2.0 version worked like a charm (it has the updated xltv.dll file).

I also figured out to properly set the EPG page:
Here is how I now have it setup:
in Arguments I have:"tv_grab_na_dd --days 7"
in redirect stdout: "%XMLTV%xmltv.xml"

notice how I removed the "output" argument. Now works like a charm.
Thanks for all the help guys.

masta
m_masta