New BS thread -- for wannabe postwhores

Speak your mind

New BS thread -- for wannabe postwhores

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:46 pm

Ok i think few of us hardcore xlobby addicts are extremely bored to see no new posts on forum for five minutes... hours... even days :? or mayby its just me...

So i thought why not give a second try, now that colby is gone...

here on BS thread... talk is cheap... 8)

Whats up fellow lobbyists?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Re: New BS thread -- for wannabe postwhores

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:30 pm

well, since you mentioned Colby, ANYBODY HEARD ANYTHING?? I think someone said his now playing signature was updating, but don't know if that's still true with the pre-release versions and the changes that brought.
cmhardwick

Postby defrag on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:02 pm

just trying to squeeze out as much "free-ness" as I can from what I've got :D

Apart from that, it has got quiet recently, I guess people are just waiting and waiting and waiting for the invetiable.

and apart from that, what was a flicker of summer has gone elsewhere and the UK is now heading into autumn - it's that exciting :lol:

and the obligitory +1 on the Colby saga
defrag

Postby defrag on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:02 pm

oh yeah, did you get your htpc back up and running P3rv?
defrag

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:20 pm

cmhardwick wrote:well, since you mentioned Colby, ANYBODY HEARD ANYTHING?? .

Yeah im interested to know too... mayby marbles can give us update?

Man he is really turning into 21st century jimmy hoffa!!!

defrag wrote:oh yeah, did you get your htpc back up and running P3rv?

HTPC is still fecked up... after all probs (hard drive failure, heat issue)... i decided start to put it up from ground up... making my own skin, and mostly sacrifying time to development... meanwhile using PS3 as my on duty player.

I have now something really BIG actually HUGE on drawing board... but i give myself only 10% change to pull it tru... cause it involves couple (Mission:Impossible) hacks i dont know will work before i try... but if they do its gonna take skinning and xl to new level so even if i just end up wasting few weeks... risks are worth of taking considering possible gain.
Last edited by P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby smarty on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:22 pm

As was said, STILL WAITING....but also looking at CQC pretty hard :? .

Sure would like to see some indepth documentation and curious about net 3.0 issues.....

And we wait......
smarty

Postby defrag on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:52 pm

its gonna take skinning and xl to new level

I'm guessing this all on the free version??? Any teasers?? :D
defrag

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:41 pm

defrag wrote:
its gonna take skinning and xl to new level

I'm guessing this all on the free version??? Any teasers?? :D

Free version, bad thing about xlobby is theres is not that awfully much u can do with SDK, but ull have to resort to hacks, and theyre not really guaranteed to work in future versions...

I will start serious teasing only when ill be sure those hacks will work... and like i said i give myself only 10% change to make them. Most likely itll be just wasted time... hopefully im back on coding tomorrow...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby defrag on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:52 pm

Know what you mean about the SDK, but guess that was intentional. Good luck with the hacks, keep us posted.

Hows the carputer going? or still on the drawing board?

My next project is stripping everthing down for a server only skin with db stats and auto refresh and stuff.
defrag

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:13 pm

defrag wrote:Hows the carputer going? or still on the drawing board?

Damn im so pissed about that... its when u live in periferia like funland... ive been waiting my computer parts for god knows how looong... two months, three months?? (i got really good deal, and i think company is playing time, and hoping i order parts from somewhere else) P3rvette is going to be caraged soon for winter now... so i guess i have to wait til next summer before carputer is up and running... atleast that leaves me whole winter to work on it... However i took console and HU setup apart just to familiarize my self for the real thing... took u guys also upskirt pics on the process, i ve been just lazy to write entry on P3rvette thread. Meanwhile i keep using c-cassette adapter and mp3 player and stand alone navigator... sucks... ive enjoyed driving it though did over 10000km on summer...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:19 pm

defrag wrote:Know what you mean about the SDK, but guess that was intentional.

Yeah i dont think its that bad for most of plugins which usually interface something external to XL. but for xPerT and alike plugins which aim to extend core functionality is not really adequate(sp?). Then again hacks are way more fun :D Its a rush when u figure out how to do something u r not really supposed to 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:30 pm

cmhardwick wrote:well, since you mentioned Colby, ANYBODY HEARD ANYTHING??

I bet Calrad had him abducted... keeping him in basement somewhere... making all release skins... :D

I htink they got Rika too... thats why we've not been seeing any new pretty skins from him :wink:
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby defrag on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:53 am

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:ive enjoyed driving it though did over 10000km on summer...

I bet, that's one nice motor!!!

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:Then again hacks are way more fun Its a rush when u figure out how to do something u r not really supposed to

True, that's what keeps us programming, otherwise it would not be fun!!! (Although in my case it pays the bills!!)

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:I bet Calrad had him abducted... keeping him in basement somewhere... making all release skins...

If that's the case then they must have abducted a fair few, as it's kinda quiet from the "old timers". Alien conspiricy????? Do Home Theatre Installers dump bodies by stashing them behind the walls of unsuspecting customers when installing that plush invisible speaker system????? The mind boggles :lol:
defrag

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:57 am

I think someone said his now playing signature was updating,

It changed, but now realized that happened around the same time Steven had those server crashes. I'm wondering if some old web data got displayed before finally corrected, as it did eventually go back to the same "Now Playing" information...now evan that is officially dated and no longer. The only one that I know who could get in touch with him by phone or something refused to do it...now he hasn't been here again in ages too. Let's just hope that maybe he has decided to move on to something more challenging or something and that he's okay.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:29 pm

defrag wrote: it's kinda quiet from the "old timers".

Yeah its sad... somebody oughta tell them its time to get off matresses... We can (actually are invited to) keep using freelobby nomatter what is the cost of newlobby.

EDIT: is it just me, or have frenchies kept quite quiet too lately?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Next