FIXED - Webbrowser - How to Stay Logged In

V3 help and support questions

FIXED - Webbrowser - How to Stay Logged In

Postby smarty on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:27 am

Edit - I found that returning directly back to the menu screen (rather than back to the non-pswd browser screen allowed me to stay logged in). PROBLEM RESOLVED

I use the standard "webbrowser" screen and also a modified clone of this screen called "webbrowser-pswd". I have been able to set up a password overlay screen to restrict the access to the ""webbrowser-pswd" screen. However, after navigating around and logging into the website I am visiting (in the""webbrowser-pswd" screen), I would like to return to the other xlobby screens without leaving losing my position/url location in the ""webbrowser-pswd" screen. I would like to have it so that when I re-enter my password and go back to the ""webbrowser-pswd" screen, I am still logged into the website I was visiting.

I have tried a couple of things with no success so far. They include:

-I have removed the "default URL" and made it blank....previously I has it set to the login screen of the website I wanted to visit, but after logging in initially, that didn't make since to come back to this screen since I was already past it.

- I have given each webbrowser window a distinct name in the General properties ID field (I thought that by not having a unique name, multiple webbrowser windows could get "confused", but that did not seem to help.

I am now out of ideas....please help.
smarty