Custom movie database...

Speak your mind

Custom movie database...

Postby ippo on Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:48 am

Hi I have made a custom movie database in Heavymetal-skin for my daughters movies.
My problem is that when zoomplayer closes after the movie is finished Xlobby opens the (original) movie screen. :twisted:
And yes I have copied the movie screen and som buttons from the Heavymetal-skin. :wink:
How do I get Xlobby to open the screen that was open when going to Zoomplayer!?
ippo

Postby vicom on Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:02 pm

create a [goto custom screen] event , that selects the custom screen
then go to the filetype tab and on the Zoomplayer filetypes,
set the [End Event] trigger to point to the [goto custom screen] event
vicom

Postby ippo on Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:23 pm

But then it will always go to "custom screen", also when I'm starting a movie off the original movie screen and it's finished! Or am I wrong? :?:
ippo

Postby vicom on Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:09 pm

you are right ... but then u have to create (or name) the category for the custom screen (lets call it MyMovies) and then make a copy of the current Zoomplayer (File types) settings. But this time set the [category] field of this cloned Zoomplayer settings to category name of the custom screen (MyMovies)
vicom

Postby Roscoe62 on Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:17 pm

Ippo,

I think I know what you want to do because I am trying to do the same thing. I "think" vicom's method will work, but it starts getting messy if you have a lot of different categories/databases all using Zoom.

The simple answer would be to have XLobby return to the last screen that was used before Zoom opened.

I notice in the filetypes tab in setup there is a column that shows which screen XLobby will return to when Zoom (or Theatertek if you use that) closes. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that column is editable.

Perhaps this could be a good candidate for the "Feature Request" forum?
Roscoe62