Touch Screen interface finished and open for business

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Re: Touch Screen interface finished and open for business

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:57 pm

Strange, that usually indicates that you don't have a category selected to edit.
Marbles_00

Postby Grooby on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:19 am

yes thats my thinking as well, open editor (pause/break) in the movies screen, click in the middle of the screen where you would see your movie covers (green box should become active to represent category) and click on category section in editor, it sould become active and you can edit details, repeat in search screen by clicking in screen at top where films are listed.

Hope you sort it out

Andy
Grooby

Postby work permit on Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:09 am

Thanks, I forgot to select the window correctly. Now that I did, I get the same category windows that you do. But still, when I click on a movie name in the search window, get nothing.

Does xlobby have an event log that I can use to debug this problem?
work permit

Postby Grooby on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:26 am

work permit wrote:Does xlobby have an event log that I can use to debug this problem?

oooo ur flying above my knowledge base with that one, i'm sure someone else can answer that.

Have you got ur movies database called something else other than "movies"? If so rename the cats from "movies" to what ur database is called.

Andy
Grooby

Postby Grooby on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:58 pm

Music Vis

ScreenShot006.jpg
Grooby

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:35 pm

Is that milkdrop? Looks cool none-the-less.
Marbles_00

Postby Grooby on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:41 pm

yep, milkdrop under Xmusic
not sure if random vis, next vis, prev vis work, nothing seems to happen as far as i can tell...

work permit , while doing my new skin i noticed the set filters are screwed up in the black/silver skins. You need to go in on F2, movies and go to the set filters and take out "family" in each event and just leave "movies"...sorry about that people, a left over from the original skin i built mine on :(

oh and on reset movies action i have on the exit movies screen, u need to get rid of "family" and leave "movies" as well so the database resets correctly (as in work!!!!)

Andy
Grooby

Postby work permit on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:47 am

Sorry for being such a noob, when you say "F2, movies and go to the set filter", you mean f2, events, movies, set filter xxx, then edit the event under the "set filter" command? I can't seem to find any reference to "family"
Attachments
xlobby2.JPG
work permit

Postby Grooby on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:12 pm

Huh, sorry mate, my bad, i must have corrected the filters when i posted, i must be working on a slightly older version now for my new skin than the ones i posted. They are all fine.

Did you get the search problem sorted?
Grooby

Postby work permit on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 am

No luck. tried loading your silver on black skin, no change.
work permit

Postby Grooby on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:29 pm

and your movie database is called "movies" right?
Grooby

Postby work permit on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:51 pm

yes, database is called movies. It's an "imported" database, in other words it's created by xlobby by scanning my harddrive. Each entry has three fields: name, title, sorttitle (all three entries are identical).

The search function itself works (I type in characters, it shows movie's that match). It's just when I try to select one by clicking on the name that nothing happens.
work permit

Postby Grooby on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:20 pm

i am at a loss myfriend, try downloading my new skin and see if you have same problem or try posting in the support section, there are alot of clever guys around, i dont profess to be that techie! :?
Grooby

Postby scottw on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:18 pm

work permit wrote:yes, database is called movies. It's an "imported" database, in other words it's created by xlobby by scanning my harddrive. Each entry has three fields: name, title, sorttitle (all three entries are identical).

The search function itself works (I type in characters, it shows movie's that match). It's just when I try to select one by clicking on the name that nothing happens.

Ok I think I can help.

1) goto the movies search page and hit Pause/Break
Find the category which will give you the green box (on the Default tab it's called filterdetails). Once selected click the "Event" tab.
On the "Click Event" section click "Assign". Browse thru "Skin", "Goto" and select "movie details". Now this still won't work because I think Grooby made a typo on one of the events :lol: :lol: , no offense Grooby I have done it a million times :D

2) Close the skin editor and do an F2 to open the Setup and goto "Events" on the left. Browse thru "SKIN", "Goto" and click the + next to "movie details".
Click the "goto screen" event under "movie details" and on the right change "Screen Name" from movie_details to movies_details.

Close the setup window and try it out.

Let me know.
Last edited by scottw on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:12 pm

Actually Grooby doesn't have a movie_details event. He has a preview event which is suppose to goto a screen called moviepreview...which does not exist. In Setup/Events, change the preview:goto screen name from this moviepreview screen to movies_details, and it should work the way you've indicated Scott. This is looking at the "Black and Silver" skin. I'm assuming the "Silver and Black" skin is the same.

Also don't assign the event to the "Catagory/Events". With the filterdetails Catagory highlighted in the search screen, just goto the standard "Event" tab in the skin editor and assign the movies:preview event under Click Event.

Now I have to verify I did this in my Mirage skin as well :lol:
Marbles_00

PreviousNext