CD Covers Not Changing When Updated

Speak your mind

CD Covers Not Changing When Updated

Postby thekochs on Tue May 23, 2006 12:19 am

OK, I'm sure this is a dumb question but I have a bunch of MP3's loaded in C:MyDocs\Music\MP3s\ directory. Under this they are in folders by artist. Within each folder is a single JPEG file for the album cover called cover.jpg. I use Skyostil to download the cover art (really nice program). I went ahead and pointed to the directory in XLobby Config Basic and hit Import....everthing worked fine. I noticed some covers didn't look good so I went back and deleted some, downloaded better ones, launched XLobby, hit Delete DB in Basic, then Import. It appeared to import and all the folders/files are there but the cover arts I changed did not change. I double checked in the HDD directory and the only cover.jpg is the new file. Why/How is xLobby retaining the old cover art pic ? How can I clear ?

FYI....I'm using KISS skin.

UPDATE: I did some more looking and alot of my cover arts are not the cover.jpg in the folder. It appears XLobby and/or my skin is downloading from web based on ID Tag ? How do I stop this and force cover.jpg ? I turned off HTTP Image in Misc of config with no effect.

Thanks.
thekochs

Postby Colby on Tue May 23, 2006 2:02 am

Are you sure you removed the "crappy" coverart from the directory. You will not see these covers generally without changing views in windows explorer. Tools>Folder Options>View (Check view system folders, and uncheck hide protected operating system files)

Now is your coverart showing, delete if is?

Also when you import your music look at the import template, and make sure you dont have ignore folders checked.

Also HTTP Image has nothing to do with this.

P.S. DO NOT CROSS POST. OR MULTI POST. IT IS ANNOYING AND UNNESSESARY! PEOPLE OUT TO BE BANNED AND IGNORED IF DONE. NOW GO AND DELETE YOUR OTHER POSTS.
Colby

Postby thekochs on Tue May 23, 2006 12:34 pm

Colby wrote:Are you sure you removed the "crappy" coverart from the directory. You will not see these covers generally without changing views in windows explorer. Tools>Folder Options>View (Check view system folders, and uncheck hide protected operating system files)

Now is your coverart showing, delete if is?

Also when you import your music look at the import template, and make sure you dont have ignore folders checked.

Also HTTP Image has nothing to do with this.

P.S. DO NOT CROSS POST. OR MULTI POST. IT IS ANNOYING AND UNNESSESARY! PEOPLE OUT TO BE BANNED AND IGNORED IF DONE. NOW GO AND DELETE YOUR OTHER POSTS.

I found the problem.....the covers were being kept in XLobby cache. I found the delete/clear cache button in Config and this took care of it ! Also, I went back to delete the other posts and could not...guess there is time limit before they become un-editable. I will make sure in future to not cross post....I realize it is a pain....sorry.
thekochs