PS3-Thread

Speak your mind

PS3-Thread

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:03 am

Lately PS3 as well as other set-top boxes have been seen competitors for HTPC solutions. However point of this thread is just opposite: to find out ways to gain synergy between two of your favorite contraptions: PS3 and Xlobby.

It might take a while before we are runnin lobby on cell, but this moment id say most fruitfull integration aproaches would be database and content sharing trough DLNA and using PS controllers for XL.

Ofcourse every post on this thread doesnt have to be lobby related since this is after all on general discussion area so i suppose we alpha-lobbyists can also just bond and chat about our ultimate console.

Today was awesome day announcement wise: PSP3000, chatpad (which appears to be xl friendly from day one), and new free music video service for us europeans.

So who are alpha-lobbyists? remember to state your PSN-ID: bear is "Ursinho", 3rd lvl gamer with 49 trophies.

Please no ex-boxers this is not pugilist thread.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Re: PS3-Thread

Postby vaporhat on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:05 pm

Aside from USB -> IR and Bluetooth -> IR translators..

Is there any possibility to control the PS3 though the Bluetooth connection using XL controls?
vaporhat

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:57 pm

U got me pretty excited about this idea... what u would need is a software which would masquarade itself as BT HID keyboard for PS3... I suppose this would need major reworking of bt-stack on win based pc, but atleast for linux that kinda software seems to exist: xkbd-bthid

Now we just have to keep looking for similar project for windows... unless we wanna control ps3 on xlobby via linux-box 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:25 pm

aahh my playtv should arrive tomorrow... sweet... off to play burnout bikes 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm

Just noticed that the guy who came up with PSeye drivers has also put out DShow capture filter for the cam. So this means u should be able to utilize pseye within xlobby with suitable filter graphs. Heres the linky.

BTW how do u guys find the cam? mine looks pretty noisy (grainy) so im worried i got faulty, or bad specimen... but im reluctant to call sony; how would u compare PQ over the phone anyway... well i guess i just grab another one...

Oh if u wonder where ive been lately... Ursinho is now #3 in the world on SSHD split screen co-op 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:37 am

My PS3 YLODed on me today. I guess im just asking how do i get my bioshock disc out of the damn brick, without opening it up?

Obviously i already ordered new station, but i just need to prye bioshock out of the brick cause i still have two trophies to complite for the plat. And preferably leaving the brick in condition sony will accept it to repairs if im ever active enough to send it. im not too familiar with slot loading optical drives, is there something corresponding to the hole u push a needle in to get disc out on trayloaders? anybody?
P3rv3rt B3ar