Music Importing works on one pc, but not the other...

Speak your mind

Music Importing works on one pc, but not the other...

Postby ph0n33z on Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:49 pm

Alright,

Hello everyone. I have not posted in a while. I am currently setting up my whole house audio system. I purchased 2 of the cheap ebay 6 channel amps, a fujitsu 3400, a sound blast live! value card, and xlobby.

Here is the problem that I am having. I was testing out xlobby music importing functionality on one of my PCs. I use Yahoo! Music Unlimited Subscription for all of my music. I used the following method to import that music I had downloaded from Yahoo.

1. In the database setup window, I chose the music template.
2. I then selected the import to DB "music" database
3. I chose the artist/album structure for importing using the ID3 tag button

In doing this, my entire collection was properly imported and displayed in the music section of the KISS skin. No problems whatsoever.

Yet, when I followed these EXACT SAME STEPS on my other pc (which is going to be the main xlobby server) it will not display the music. I even copied over the same xlobby install folder, and it doesn't work. It will scan through the music database, but once done it doesn't import anything.

The only way I can get it to import into the database is to use the "folder structure" setting in the database window.

What am I doing wrong?
ph0n33z

Postby ph0n33z on Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:48 pm

Alright,

Well, I have been trying to get this thing to work. While testing out the XlobbyMC skin I discovered something. Once in a while, when I press the Audio CD button, then the All Music button the music appears!

I go into the settings, and in the database options it shows that there is no artist info, just songs. I.E. the artist names are blank, but the songs show up under each artist submenu. However, if I click back to the main menu, and then try to view the music it is gone!! Including the entire database info!

What is going on guys? I must be doing something wrong!
ph0n33z

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:35 pm

Okay, I will try and take a stab at helping if I can, though I don't use the Yahoo! service, so I don't quite understand what it does for you.

It will scan through the music database, but once done it doesn't import anything.

The only way I can get it to import into the database is to use the "folder structure" setting in the database window.

This would sound as though your ID tags are not correct, or non-existant. Which computer does your music reside on? Or if it does not reside on a computer and is streamed from Yahoo!, does the music-server computer have proper access rights to Yahoo!? Is there some firewall protection preventing you from accessing the Yahoo! site?

Hope this helps...more importantly, I hope this ignites further responses from other poeple to help you out.
Marbles_00

Postby ph0n33z on Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:38 pm

Thank you so much for replying Marbles!

The music resides on the same computer in the following format:

C:\music\artist\album\filename

The Yahoo! music service allows for unlimited downloads of music for as long as you pay the monthly fee. The music is in the .wma format, and resides on my computer. It is not streamed.

The music has access rights to Yahoo! but I will check again to make sure that is working!
ph0n33z

Postby ph0n33z on Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:20 am

The Yahoo! license and network are working fine.

.....sighs :roll:
ph0n33z

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:28 am

In your F2 Setup/Basic screen, under Music Paths, how have you defined your path...as 'C:\music\', or did you share the directory and then use the network path...something like \\"COMPUTER NAME"\music , where "COMPUTER NAME" is the network name of the computer? That is the preferred method.
Marbles_00

Postby ph0n33z on Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:49 am

I have tried both. I did not see any change, although I will try it again now and see how it goes.

Thanks for your continued assistance Marbles. I really want to be able to use Xlobby.
ph0n33z

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:04 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda stumped right now. Maybe something will come to mind.
Marbles_00