Resolution Change Has Jumbled My Skin

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Resolution Change Has Jumbled My Skin

Postby thekochs on Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:51 pm

OK...newb here to Skin Editing so apologize for the dumb question. I finished after many hours of tweeking the default skin to look like I want it. I was using a FP Monitor with 1440x960 resolution in doing this. I then changed my settings to 1270x720 (720P) timings so ny RGB-to-Component converter will drive my TVs. It appeared to look OK. I then went back to the FP Mon and changed back to 1440x960 and my skin fields are all mucked up in size, etc. I assume XL is doing some conversion. How do I approach getting the settings/placements to stick ?

Well, I think I know what I did.......I created in 1440x960 and when displaying in 1280x720 I made a change there. I think when I went into the Skin Editor it then tried to resize all my screens, messing things up. So, I guess I'll stick to 1280x720 when playing with Skin Editor. Is there a way to fix/lock the Skin and all its screen items position to a rez ?
thekochs

Re: Resolution Change Has Jumbled My Skin

Postby dalanik on Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:07 am

You can change resolutions and XLobby will try to adjust your skin to the current resolution. But when you return to the res the skin was designed in, it should be OK - AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT ENTER THE EDITOR (PAUSE/BREAK KEY)!!!! If you enter editor, it will remember the current resolution and you're done :-)

D.
dalanik

Postby thekochs on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:30 pm

dalanik wrote:You can change resolutions and XLobby will try to adjust your skin to the current resolution. But when you return to the res the skin was designed in, it should be OK - AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT ENTER THE EDITOR (PAUSE/BREAK KEY)!!!! If you enter editor, it will remember the current resolution and you're done :-)

D.

Yup, that was my downfall. Guess the plan is to always be in 1280x720 rez when in XL to make sure. Thanks !
thekochs

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:07 pm

one thing I always do if i'm going to change resolutions is make a quick backup of my skin... i learned the hard way :?
jowaldo