Xscript to run command on the Thin Client

Help each other out

Xscript to run command on the Thin Client

Postby scottw on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:19 pm

I am trying to use an XscriptNG script to run commands on the thin client but they only seem to work on the server you are running the thin client from. Can this not be done.

As a test if I have a script like this:

Code: Select all
Module Script

Public Sub Main

Xlobby.ExecCommand("xlobby", "goto screen", "menu")

End Sub   

End Module

and I assign it to a button and execute it on the thin client, it will change to the menu page on the server but the thin client stays on the current page.

I have also tried this as well and get the same results:

Code: Select all
Module Script

Public Sub Main

Xlobby.ExecCommand("xlobby", "button show", "map_bedroom")

End Sub   

End Module

Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible at all????
scottw

Re: Xscript to run command on the Thin Client

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:44 pm

Sorry, I don't have any answers for ya...but I like the way your thinking. Very interesting concept indeed.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:38 am

Thanks....Trying to use Xsend/Xreceive to "sync" my thin client with my server. Hopefully I can find a way. :?
scottw

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm

I had brought up button state syncing with Steven again (such as for my lighting controls). He said he THOUGHT it was a fairly easy fix, but don't know where it is on the list. I use toggle states for my lighting control (basically, on and off with text for the dim level if not off or full) and, of course, this doesn't get changed on the thin client, only on the server. Hopefully he'll chime in. Granted, I'm using the V2, but would be nice to get it working ont he free as well as it's a major issue, in my book.
cmhardwick

Postby scottw on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:44 pm

cmhardwick wrote:I had brought up button state syncing with Steven again (such as for my lighting controls). He said he THOUGHT it was a fairly easy fix, but don't know where it is on the list. I use toggle states for my lighting control (basically, on and off with text for the dim level if not off or full) and, of course, this doesn't get changed on the thin client, only on the server. Hopefully he'll chime in. Granted, I'm using the V2, but would be nice to get it working ont he free as well as it's a major issue, in my book.

Yeah that would be nice but I doubt anything would get changed on the free version...but if it did I would have a new found respect for Steven and Wes.

Thanks for chiming in!!!
scottw

Postby ficklma1 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:28 pm

scottw,

That is exactly what my other topic "XReceive/XSend Plug-in with Xlobby thin client? " was about. Plug-ins that manipulate Xlobby "server" don't seem to reflect the change in the thin-client via XNET. Crazy, huh?
ficklma1

Postby scottw on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:35 pm

Yeah I have tried to get as creative as I can but cannot figure out a solution.
scottw