Support additional ID3 fields for sorting

Got an idea, post it here

Postby art on Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:07 am

Don't know if this was answered somewhere else, but open ini file and change following lines:

Language=English.txt
OptRepertoire=True
OptPhoto=False

This got rid of this code 13 error but I'm getting some other error when scaning.... :cry:

EDIT: This other error (76) was due to non-english letters in the path...
art

Postby dgemily on Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:22 am

I didn't release yesterday, but install.bat will install copy VB6FR.DLL, so may be it's the problem....
try to download vb6.dll put the dll in the repertory "FileDLL" then edit install.bat and replace the line:

Code: Select all
copy VB6FR.DLL %windir%\system32\

by
Code: Select all
copy vb6.dll %windir%\system32\

let me know ;)

later
dgemily

Postby wholesome on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:11 pm

art wrote:Don't know if this was answered somewhere else, but open ini file and change following lines:

Language=English.txt
OptRepertoire=True
OptPhoto=False

This got rid of this code 13 error but I'm getting some other error when scaning.... :cry:

EDIT: This other error (76) was due to non-english letters in the path...

Thanks Art, that worked.

I used xscan to search for all mp3s which worked great, unfortunately 99% of my music has been ripped in wma and xscan doesn't seem to work properly for wma files (lots of information missing in the xml file once completed)

Steven - any chance you could add the 'comments' field to the music import?
wholesome

Postby stevenhanna6 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:17 pm

ok new tags that should import, just coded it and never tested them because I dont have any of these tags.

lyricist
composer
albumsort
titlesort
originalyear
performersort
originalartist
comments (for wma and mp3)

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2screentest.zip
stevenhanna6

Postby a06lp on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:40 pm

while you're at it, could you please add support for the "situation"/"occasion" field (it's called one or the other - depeneding on your tagging prog)?

For an example of a file that has this field filled in:
http://www.nachie.net/situation_tag.mp3

(In this example file, the occasion field has this in it: "OCCASION TAG HERE!")
a06lp

Postby msteelefl on Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:56 pm

Steve,
I tested out the new fields and ran into an issue. The individual songs have the additional info. However at the album level there are only the artist, albumname, genre and year fields. For example, I tried using the originalartist field for storing the last_name, first_name. This is the field I would like to sort on for albums. hwoever it is not shown in the database at the album level:

<information>
<artist>Billy Joel</artist>
<albumname>Glass Houses</albumname>
<genre>Rock</genre>
<year>1980</year>
</information>
</item>

Here is one of the songs in that album:
<item>
<parameter>F:\test music\Billy Joel\Glass Houses\(01)You_May_Be_Right.mp3</parameter>
<display>You May Be Right</display>
<type>track</type>
<information>
<tracknumber>1</tracknumber>
<trackname>You May Be Right</trackname>
<trackfilename>(01)You_May_Be_Right.mp3</trackfilename>
<artist>Billy Joel</artist>
<composer>Billy Joel</composer>
<originalartist>Joel, Billy</originalartist>
</information>
</item>
--------------------------------------------------------
If you could please make those new fields available at the album level, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mark
msteelefl

Postby wholesome on Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:26 pm

I second that, could they be added to album level please!

Keep up the great work Steve.
wholesome

Postby dalanik on Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:23 pm

Sorry but to me it's seems logical that info is not at the album level - it is in tracks (since album is something virtual, only a collection of tracks isn't it?)

This causes more problems, like whet if you have different information for the same field in your tracks? Which one is chosen to go to album level? How does XLobby decide that?
dalanik

Postby msteelefl on Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:38 pm

dalanik wrote:Sorry but to me it's seems logical that info is not at the album level - it is in tracks (since album is something virtual, only a collection of tracks isn't it?)?

Well this is basically the way Xlobby behaves now - as long as the artist and albumname are the same for all of the songs in an album, this info is carried up to the album level.

dalanik wrote:This causes more problems, like whet if you have different information for the same field in your tracks? Which one is chosen to go to album level? How does XLobby decide that?

It should be determined by the sort order being used. I would think this is the most logical method.

Mark
msteelefl

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:47 am

added some of the tags to the album level, I cant remember which

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2screentest.zip
stevenhanna6

Postby a06lp on Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:57 am

Steven, have you considered adding the "situation"/"occasion" field? (See my post above for more info)?

Also, maybe I'm not understanding where to look, but when I go into
Setup>Databases>Music>Edit>Select a song
All I see are "tracknumber", "trackname", "trackfilename", and "artist".

Where are all these new fileds?
a06lp

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 am

yah I couldnt find the "situation"/"occasion" with the reader I wrote, and then I couldnt find that tag in the id3 specs....nor could I find it with the application tag&rename I use for my tags....so what did you use to write that tag? because I'm not sure its a real id3 tag.

To see the new fields, you will have to have mp3s that acutally have the id3 tags for those fields, and you would have to delete your music database and reimport everything because I have to read the files again.
stevenhanna6

Postby a06lp on Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:13 pm

hmm... interesting.

I always assumed that the situation/occasion field was 'real' since it was in MediaMonkey, and also that Meedio supported it.

But I just downloaded T&R and it doesn't appear to have that field.

How about the 'mood' tag - I tried it in both programs, and it appears consistant.

Also, where is the 'comment' field getting its info from?
I am seeing info in there, but all my comment fields in MediaMonkey, & in T&R are blank...
a06lp

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:22 pm

Steven,

Not sure if you already include this tag, but maybe what a06lp is asking for is the "Terms of Use" tag (USER). According to the ID3 tag document I looked at, it gave this description for that tag:

"This frame contains a brief description of the terms of use and ownership of the file. More detailed information concerning the legal terms might be available through the "WCOP" frame. Newlines are allowed in the text. There may only be one "USER" frame in a tag."

taken from: http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0.html#sec4.23

Kinda matches up to "situation/description".

Maybe what would be helpful, Steven, could you indicate a link to look up the specification that you go by, and ao6lp can compare what your doing to what he is asking? It almost sounds like a difference in terminology.

Hope this was helpful.

David.
Marbles_00

Postby a06lp on Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:13 pm

@Marbles_00:
Thanks for your help, but I don't think that is the tag I was looking for.
In any case, I've moved all the situation/occasion tags over to the "mood" tag, which I hope Steven will implement, as it seems pretty standard.

Thanks!
a06lp

PreviousNext