xLiveShout v1.2.1

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xLiveShout Beta v0.2

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:57 pm

scottw wrote:OK I got the cats working, as always I make things alot more complicated then they are.

Working with the search function now, which is way cool. Only problem I am having is how to you clear the "button>input" on the load of the overlay. If I open my search overlay and type "LED" then search, it closes the overlay and does the search (perfect) but when I reopen the search "LED" is still in the button>input field. I would like to clear that out each time. I know this is simple but must have a "case of the monday's" and figured I would ask.

Thanks,

This turned out to be easier than I thought....

In your open overlay event for the search (or how ever you do it) add the "set input text" event from the xlobby section and leave the text blank - works a treat!!!
defrag

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:01 pm

You know I get so PI$$ED when I do that. Something so simple and I could not find it!!!!!!!! AGAIN making things more complicated, that's me :?

Thanks defrag...the plugin is working great!!!!!

Any updates?...even though it is fine the way it is :D

You said something before about getting images for some of the stations, just curious.
Last edited by scottw on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scottw

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:02 pm

Very nice solution!!!
sharp_1

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:09 pm

scottw wrote:Any updates?...even though it is fine the way it is :D

Yep, just tidying a few things up. Got favorites working, sort of. Only as a cetegory as I can't update them easily. Plus background polling of the current listed items (switchable of course). I might have to change the way the genre cat works though, the embedded event will not fire the status update - it's a minor but very annoying bug!!!

gimme a few more days
defrag

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:19 pm

Take your time :D
scottw

Postby homepc on Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:25 pm

Im sure I missed something in these posts, but I just found this plugin and wanted to try it here at work. I did a fresh load of the last free XL. Ran XL and it works. Then I copied the xLiveShout plugin into the plugin's folder, and the xshout skins intot eh skins folder. Now when I run XL, I receive an error about the database. Is there some prep work I have to do to the xliveshout-genres.xml database?

thanks
Ray
homepc

Postby defrag on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:46 am

homepc wrote:Im sure I missed something in these posts, but I just found this plugin and wanted to try it here at work. I did a fresh load of the last free XL. Ran XL and it works. Then I copied the xLiveShout plugin into the plugin's folder, and the xshout skins intot eh skins folder. Now when I run XL, I receive an error about the database. Is there some prep work I have to do to the xliveshout-genres.xml database?

thanks
Ray

Hmmm, sorry you are having problems. I will do some testing tonight as I am prepping for a new release over the weekend.
defrag

Postby defrag on Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:00 pm

Mini update: just done a complete fresh setup with the latest beta. All is working fine.

Will do a full release tomorrow.
defrag

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:13 pm

defrag,

I tried, just out of curiosity, the second version with the categories to see if the internal player would trigger off of it in the new xlobby, but no go. I'm going to play around tonight and see if I can get it to route to winamp automatically. I'll let you know. :)
cmhardwick

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:56 pm

Looking forward to the release defrag...great work!!!
sharp_1

Postby defrag on Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:54 pm

cmhardwick wrote:I tried, just out of curiosity, the second version with the categories to see if the internal player would trigger off of it in the new xlobby, but no go. I'm going to play around tonight and see if I can get it to route to winamp automatically. I'll let you know. :)

I haven't got it to work with any of the pre-releases using the built in player, but then again nothing apart from winamp plays them without extra plugins usually - if Steven is using directx (directshow) or what ever WMP uses, then it ain't gonna work. I've had limited success with foobar too, although it kinda works, it doesn't like the clusted stations (ie those with multiple streams)

What I haven't tried though is using the filetypes area in setup - or you could just fire them to winamp from the category, but then they won't get picked up in now playing area in xlobby!! When I first started coding this, I was sending the feed straight to winamp and was going to create my own now playing, but then realised I would be replicating exactly what xlobby does already - so that went back on the "look at it later pile"

sharp_1 wrote:Looking forward to the release defrag...great work!!!

Cheers dude!
defrag

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:44 pm

Ok, got it working on pre-release
Under AUDIO, create an "external" zone for winamp (in my case it's bonus room)
now comes the fun part ...
what I did on mine was create 2 new events - one to set the zone (music:zone set) to default (the internal player) which contains 3 commands. Set zone to bonus room, clear that playlist, set it to default, and one to set it to bonus room (winamp) also with 3 commands - set to default, clear playlist, set to bonus room
Then I went to the skin editor and went to my music page (CDs) added an ENTER EVENT for the screen that called the zone set to default
On the Radio page (xLiveShout using categories) I added an enter event for the screen to set the zone to bonus room. Works like a charm.

Going from either radio or CDs to a movie pauses the radio and when you exit the movie, it starts the music back, regardless of if it's radio on winamp or cd on internal player.
The set zone was the only way I could keep everything from going to winamp. You can simplify the setup if you let everything go to winamp, and remove all "internal" zones (making it act just like the free version).
cmhardwick

Postby homepc on Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:09 pm

Per my previous note, I dont know what happened, I didn't chnge anything, but all is working now!! My guess is that the internet wasn't working when I ws receiving the error. This is a great plugin!!

thanks
ray
homepc

Postby defrag on Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:13 pm

homepc wrote:Per my previous note, I dont know what happened, I didn't chnge anything, but all is working now!! My guess is that the internet wasn't working when I ws receiving the error. This is a great plugin!!

thanks
ray

Yep I was coming to the same conclusion... although having no internet will make internet radio a bit difficult to use :lol: I'm adding some extra net connectivity testing for when the plugin loads during xlobbys setup phase. Then I'm good for a release tonight.
defrag

Postby defrag on Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:15 pm

cmhardwick wrote:The set zone was the only way I could keep everything from going to winamp. You can simplify the setup if you let everything go to winamp, and remove all "internal" zones (making it act just like the free version).

Cool - glad you got a solution. The set zone worked for me when I was doing some testing for Marbles. Winamp rules 8) !!!!
defrag

PreviousNext