DVD Profiler Import with Version v40x3

Help each other out

DVD Profiler Import with Version v40x3

Postby bairdat on Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:04 pm

Ok...I love the new design...but I can't figure out how to import my DVD Profiler xml....

I know that the functionality is on the Database: Import tab, and I can plainly see the "DVD Profiler Settings" but I can't seem to get them to work! Here is what I am doing...

- Set the "Folder" path to the DVD Profiler folder...for instance mine is "C:\Program Files\InterVocative Software\DVD Profiler"

- Set the "XML" path to the location of the DVD Profiler xml file...for instance mine is: "C:\Program Files\Copy of eXplode.ca\collection.xml"

- I have no idea what the "Import From" text box is for??? So I just put the path to DVD Profiler back in there...
After that I press the Import button, but it only finds my movies that are on my HD which are defined under the paths. Nothing from the DVD profiler XML comes in.

So, what is the actual correct way to do this.

Thanks ahead of time!
-Alex-

[/list]
bairdat

Postby stevenhanna6 on Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:20 am

you did everything right except one thing

I have no idea what the "Import From" text box is for??? So I just put the path to DVD Profiler back in there...

leave that box blank.....its for specifying the import from dvd profiler....like the dvd type..."owned" i think "wishlist" is another one? just leave it blank and it will import all your dvdprofiler dvds.
stevenhanna6

Postby stevenhanna6 on Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:25 am

i just noticed I screwed up something....no wonder its not working. i'll get back to you.
stevenhanna6

Postby stevenhanna6 on Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:50 am

oh man did I mess something up bad, here is the fix

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2exp.zip

You might want to delete your /databases/templates folder and unzip it again because it could have corrupted the movies import template.
stevenhanna6

Postby Cablecar on Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:10 pm

I am having the same problem, all settings as below:

Set the "Folder" path to the DVD Profiler folder...for instance mine is "C:\Program Files\InterVocative Software\DVD Profiler"

Set the "XML" path to the location of the DVD Profiler xml file...for instance mine is: "C:\Program Files\my video\collection.xml"

The import box has none in it.

When I press the import button I get a message Label 1 in the file status box and nothing happens.

I have used the above updated file (http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2exp.zip) and deleted the database folder and replaced and still no joy. Online DVD import fine.

Any suggestions.

John
Cablecar

Postby bairdat on Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 pm

Sorry so late on this! Just had a chance to try the fix that was posted.

Unfortunatley, I still can't get the DVDProfiler xml to import.

So I am in the same boat as Cablecar.

-Alex-
bairdat

Postby Tracie on Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:44 am

No joy here either.
Tracie

Postby bigtall on Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:47 am

I can't get the import to work from the xml file either, even with the new fix in place. My online DVD import just fine though.

Thanks for all your hard work, steven.

-jason
bigtall

Postby jowaldo on Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:21 pm

any word on this steven? I can't get this to work with that exe or the newest exp4
jowaldo

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:54 pm

i swore I had it working in exp4, no worries exp5 is comming out today....I will double check to make sure its working in exp5.....make sure you edit the import template to set your xmlfile and all that.
stevenhanna6