How stable is Xlobby with .net 2.0?

Speak your mind

How stable is Xlobby with .net 2.0?

Postby sdumas on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:38 pm

I am a little worried about upgrading to .net 2.0 with the latest Xlobby executables.

What are the things that are NOT working properly?

Is the Thin Client working well? PPC? Xnet? USBUIRT? Girder? others?

What can I expect to see different with .net 2.0 (besides the fact that it is required now...)

Thanks!
sdumas

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:07 pm

I can't say everything is fixed, but if you check out this thread:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4080

Steven gave out a newer .exe that seems very positive. Since I updated to that .exe (with .Net2), I've been running Xlobby constantly since the weekend, and as mentioned (in that thread), been running 3 zones pretty much constantly for the last couple of days.

"Is the Thin Client working well? PPC? Xnet?"
I haven't had any problems with Xnet, even before the latest .exe. I've tested some PPC screens on another computer using the Xnet client, so I feel confident that if I have a problem once I get a PPC, it will be more to do with my wireless network (which I'm just getting up and running), and not Xlobby.

"Girder?"
I've been using the LAUPort plugin with Girder, and Xlobby has had no problems interfacing with Girder from what I can tell.

I don't use a USBUIRT so I can't comment on that.

"What can I expect to see different with .net 2.0"
Right now, you will not notice anything really different when using .net2. But things may open up for Steven to introduce some pretty cool things possibly down the road.

Hope this helps clear the air for you.

David
Marbles_00