theatertek logo

Speak your mind

Re: theatertek logo

Postby bmblank on Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:07 pm

Tried it out.. After some wrastlin I got it workin. The only real problem I had was getting it on the right event. I started out trying it on the Theatertek:play event and it wouldn't work. Then I finally went to my movies screen and actually checked what the button was. You were right, it was movies:play movie. So I put it in that one and it worked. I was so excited and I ran upstairs to show my brother (on my PPC) and it didn't work. I forgot that there is another event from the PPC screen, so now I have to change that one too, but it was already 11:00 and I had to go to work the next day, so I just went to bed. But it looks great, I like it.
bmblank

Postby thekochs on Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:38 pm

bmblank wrote:I forgot that there is another event from the PPC screen, so now I have to change that one too,

Can you clarify this ? I've not fooled with events so wondering what PPC is ?

Thanks.

P.S.

Put a How-To thread on TT Hints/Tips Forum for just the supression stuff that started this thread topic: http://www.theatertek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9998
thekochs

Postby bmblank on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:32 pm

PPC is just short for Pocket PC, which I'm using as a thin client. My brother and I have accumulated 3 Dell Axims with wireless, which make really nice remotes when paired with xlobby. As the axim has just a low resolution I have a whole set of screens designed just for the low resolutions. When I'm on a PC and want a movie to play, it'll open an overlay and play the movie, but when on a ppc and I hit the play button, it'll open up a different screen and play the movie. Therefore a seperate event is needed.
Events are fairly easy to understand.
I haven't really looked through this yet, but it may help with the whole package. It is for skinning xlobby, which should include events.
bmblank

Postby thekochs on Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:31 am

S Pittaway wrote:Hi,

I have uploaded it here, you should be able to save as...

Sean

Works great !!!!! Love it !!!!

Quick question......in the Movies section of Default skin I copied the cover art image.....I'm trying to show the rear panel cover art too. I use DVD Proifler and export into XML and into XL. Any idea what the field name is for the rear cover art or where to find it ? I started a thread on this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5811
thekochs

CoverArt Plugin

Postby thekochs on Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:10 pm

cmhardwick,

I have a request.....I noticed that when I exit the movie before it goes back to XLobby it shows the cover art again. I actually would like this not to happen and put a default HTPC bmp/jpeg I have. Thus, I'd kinda like it to "reset" to an image I defined which before this plugin is what I replaced the background.bmp image with.

So, could I trouble you to write another plugin that allows me to point to a path (e.g. C:\D&S\My Docs\Wallpaper\background.jpg) for a specific JPEG ? I say JPEG because this util converts to BMP and thought it might be easier. I can easily have this image as BMP but thought you may want to be consistent. I assume I could place this new Plugin in the movie play events upon exit ? I don't mind seeing the coverart again if the previous plugin still will generate, just want the reset and show of the default image before it goes back to XLobby. Perhaps the current plugin will allow this ?.....just not sure with the parameters how. Something like ?..........
"plugin:xCoverResize:make bmp:C:\D&S\My Docs\Wallpaper\background.jpg*C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\background.bmp*200*300"

Usage examples -
"plugin:xCoverResize:make bmp:%movies>coverart%*C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\background.bmp*200*300"
or
"plugin:xCoverResize:make bmp:%movies>coverart%*C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\background.bmp"
thekochs

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:17 pm

jep, it should work as you describe

have been meaning t to a simlar thing - it looks naff when you dont start tt via xlobby, because the old cover shows up :)

i was just going to blank it tho....
S Pittaway

Postby thekochs on Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:59 pm

S Pittaway wrote:jep, it should work as you describe

have been meaning t to a simlar thing - it looks naff when you dont start tt via xlobby, because the old cover shows up :)

i was just going to blank it tho....

Noticed that too..........got a present for you (1024x768 JPEG). This image looks awesome on a black brackground/centered....I think better than blanked. :D

Let me know the exact command line you use when you get it to work.

Thanks !
Attachments
dvd.jpg
thekochs

Re: Coverart (Display instead of TT Logo) & Reset Plugin

Postby thekochs on Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:23 pm

Well, I had some time at home this afternoon and tried....no luck. Here is what I did.

1) Put the above dvd.jpg into C:\Program Files\XLobby\Skins\HTPC Custom\Backgrounds directory.
2) Went Into XLobby events to movie play section
3) Added another command line where the the plugin was xCoverResize and the Command is make bmp
For the parameter I put %C:\Program Files\XLobby\Skins\HTPC Custom\Backgrounds\dvd.jpg%*C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\background.bmp
I launched a movie thru XL and exited and it showed the coverart but no dvd.jpg. I put this command line before Close Overlay and after Execute. Then I got to thinking maybe this would not show/work since TT has already exited before this command line has run and thus this strategy would not work. So, I checked the background.bmp file in TT directory and it was still the movie coverart. So, I'm still not sure if this would work since TT has exited but nevertheless the above did not set the background.jpg to the dvd.jpg image. I'd like to get that to work as first step.....then we can tackle the other...maybe somehow have this event display the image thru a changed plugin ? Not sure....just starting on events for the first time.

Any thoughts ?

:D UPDATE: Got it to work....well sort-of. I took out the % signs and while on TT exit it did not show the dvd.jpg I did confirm it did change/convert/place this image as the background.bmp in TT directory. So, the problem here is that TT displays the background.bmp image on startup and exit so when TT exits and it shows the coverart this command runs and changes the background.bmp but by that time TT is done....thus not displayed. I guess that's OK as a conversion back to default picture but out of curiousity I'd like to know if there is some way in the event to display this ?

Correct Command
For the parameter I put C:\Program Files\XLobby\Skins\HTPC Custom\Backgrounds\dvd.jpg*C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\background.bmp
Last edited by thekochs on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:44 pm

it will not change "on the fly" it loads the image when TT loads. That image is displayed "behind" the movie so to speak. Also, if you paused the movie for an extended period (which you can configure in TT) it will show again, bouncing around if it's smaller than your screen size, as a screen saver.

You caught the correction I was going to send. You had left out the file name originally. :D
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:54 pm

cmhardwick wrote:it will not change "on the fly" it loads the image when TT loads. That image is displayed "behind" the movie so to speak. Also, if you paused the movie for an extended period (which you can configure in TT) it will show again, bouncing around if it's smaller than your screen size, as a screen saver.

You caught the correction I was going to send. You had left out the file name originally. :D

I think I like the way it is now......basically just resetting the background.bmp image to a default (although definable) state. However, out of curiosity since I'm learning "events"...would there be a simple way to add an event after this command and before the exit overlay which just displays the background.bmp image ? Again, I'm not sure I would do this but am curious on how-to.

Thanks !!!
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:48 pm

do you just have one monitor, or is your xLobby on one and TT on the other? You could create a new screen with just the logo you created (great job btw!) and have it open "upon exit" of the xlobby movie control screen then you'd have to click on it to have it close and take you back to the other xLobby screens.
cmhardwick

Re: Coverart (Display instead of TT Logo) & Reset Plugin

Postby thekochs on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:15 pm

thekochs wrote:Well, I had some time at home this afternoon and tried....no luck. Here is what I did.

1) Put the above dvd.jpg into C:\Program Files\XLobby\Skins\HTPC Custom\Backgrounds directory.
2) Went Into XLobby events to movie play section
3) Added another command line where the the plugin was xCoverResize and the Command is make bmp
For the parameter I put %C:\Program Files\XLobby\Skins\HTPC Custom\Backgrounds\dvd.jpg%*C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\background.bmp
I launched a movie thru XL and exited and it showed the coverart but no dvd.jpg. I put this command line before Close Overlay and after Execute. Then I got to thinking maybe this would not show/work since TT has already exited before this command line has run and thus this strategy would not work. So, I checked the background.bmp file in TT directory and it was still the movie coverart. So, I'm still not sure if this would work since TT has exited but nevertheless the above did not set the background.jpg to the dvd.jpg image. I'd like to get that to work as first step.....then we can tackle the other...maybe somehow have this event display the image thru a changed plugin ? Not sure....just starting on events for the first time.

Any thoughts ?

:D UPDATE: Got it to work....well sort-of. I took out the % signs and while on TT exit it did not show the dvd.jpg I did confirm it did change/convert/place this image as the background.bmp in TT directory. So, the problem here is that TT displays the background.bmp image on startup and exit so when TT exits and it shows the coverart this command runs and changes the background.bmp but by that time TT is done....thus not displayed. I guess that's OK as a conversion back to default picture but out of curiousity I'd like to know if there is some way in the event to display this ?

Correct Command
For the parameter I put C:\Program Files\XLobby\Skins\HTPC Custom\Backgrounds\dvd.jpg*C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\background.bmp

Houston...I have a problem...... :(

I upgraded to latest release and the xCoverResize reset function is not working. I have not changed a thing. I have one xCoverResize event to generate the coverart for TT logo and on exit another to overwrite to "reset". If I go into F2 and under Events I hit the TEST button and check the files it works fine. These events are assigned to the PLAY button in the MovieSelect screen....obviously which launches TT via my Movie event. Any idea where to check ? I unassigned and re-assigned this reset event. It's not a real big deal because I noyl see the previous coverart when I launch TT on its own. Any subsequent XL plays puts the next coverart into the background,bmp fil in TT.
thekochs

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:56 am

how are you trigering the on exit event?
S Pittaway

Postby thekochs on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:45 am

S Pittaway wrote:how are you trigering the on exit event?

In Screen Editor (Pause/Break) I go to the Movies Screen that launches the movie. I highlight the PLAY button and in the event tab there is an entry and exit event I can assign. The entry is the coverart assigning....the exit just a reset to old TT background. Note, still see the coverart on TT exit of that movie because the exit event comes after that but this is OK...in fact preferred. This is how I had it set before and it worked.

FYI...I did try in F2 under file types to assign the entry and exit events there to my TheaterTek launch string but nothing ever worked here.

Any thought, ideas, things to try...welcome.

Thanks.
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:00 pm

I have mine do the "reset" as part of the close event for my TT control screen. Have you tried that?
cmhardwick

PreviousNext