I totally thought I had meta masks figured out....

Help each other out

I totally thought I had meta masks figured out....

Postby mattdisaster on Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:44 am

The I went to import my movies into the new alpha tester and realized I didnt know anything. heh. I'm having a large problem with importing movies that have sub items. Let's take the "The Stand" dvd rip I've made, it's 4 parts long. I've changed my import feature to include .avi files and set the directory to F:\Movies\ which is where all my ripped and reencoded movies are held. After fooling around with the meta masks I found that:
Code: Select all
\\(?<name>.*)\\..*

Was as good as I could get it. That produced 4, single level, listings(grrr). All of which pointed to the correct cover art and video file (Woohooo!) But they all had the "display" field wrong, and came up like this:
The Stand\Part 1 - The Plague

The Name and Title fields are the exact same values as the display one. So my question is steven, how do I get it to show each as its own entry all under a main one called "The Stand" and the Displays and Titles of each as "Part 1 - The Plague" And so on. The directory structure is like so:
f:\movies\
f:\movies\The Stand\Part 1 - The Plague\The Stand - Part 1 - The Plague.avi
f:\movies\The Stand\Part 2 - The Dreams\The Stand - Part 2 - The Dreams.avi
f:\movies\The Stand\Part 3 - The Betrayal\The Stand - Part 3 - The Betrayal.avi
f:\movies\The Stand\Part 4 - The Stand\The Stand - Part 4 - The Stand.avi

I think once I would be able to figure this out, I'de be a much happier person and able to figure out the meta masks, but at the moment, I'm completely and utterly lost. heh Thanks again for everything!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby chadwolcott on Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:37 pm

You're not the only one having problems here, actually I believe Steven referenced this on his list of todos

future things not high on my list
-fix multi avi files import (this applies to alot of things)
-fix the hide mouse (i disabled hide mouse in this version the mouse shouldnt hide now)
-drop down box for ir formats
-passing variables to girder

I think the first item here will actually apply to you as well, although I somewhat disagree with the importance of this issue, I would like to see this high on a list as I have a number of 2 part movies and I really don't want to combine them since every time I try that, the audio goes out of sync.
chadwolcott

Postby mattdisaster on Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:06 pm

I agree with you chad, seems like a big thing to some poeple (including you and me) I've got many box sets, and multpul part movies/tv episodes.

Back on the masks- Should I be under the understanding that by going
\\(?<name>.*)\\..*

It will take whatever the folders name is and use it as the "Name" and "Display" values? So if I have it points to F:\Movies\ and the first folder it finds is "Kids In The Hall - Brain Candy" that is what not only the display but the name values as well will be? Cause that is a directory there, and it is on of the ones that loads fine. So if that statement is true then shouldnt I (we) be allowed to go
\\(?<whatever>.*)\\..*

And have it create a database field called "whatever"? And if not, what about using multipul fields of data collected from one field, so the value being collected for the "name" and "display" values will also be entered as "whatever"? Am I speaking latin, cause I think I confused myself (and I took 4 years of it). heh. Hopefully poeple still get what I'm saying.

-matt
mattdisaster