Can I delay activation of Theatertek?

Help each other out

Can I delay activation of Theatertek?

Postby edbag4 on Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:51 am

Can someone tell me how/if I can delay the start of Theater Tek for a few seconds after I hit play? Is there a command I can use in the Xlobby command box? BTW, I am not using girder.

Thanks,
Ed
edbag4

Postby mattdisaster on Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:56 am

I believe in the new alpha 40 youll be able to set this up using the event editor. So hold tight for it, or shoot over to the thread and try a teaster out. Good luck!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby jowaldo on Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:02 am

couldn't you just use the timer command in alpha 40?
jowaldo

Postby noviceboy on Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:02 am

Isnt TT just a default exe called for DVD category/database? So why not add an explicit call to a batch file , with a delay loop then call TT? Would work with all versions.
noviceboy

Postby edbag4 on Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:28 pm

Thanks to all!
Noviceboy, is there a quick way to explain to me what you have recommended?

Thanks,
Ed
edbag4

Postby noviceboy on Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:12 pm

Which bit?
noviceboy

Postby edbag4 on Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:32 pm

This part:

[quote="noviceboy" So why not add an explicit call to a batch file , with a delay loop then call TT? Would work with all versions.[/quote]

Can you explain to me where this batch file would go and what it would look like? If you know of a site where I could look to learn how to do it that would be fine too.

Thanks again,
Ed
edbag4

Postby noviceboy on Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:06 pm

I had forgotten about somethng I use, a useful little utility called "delayexec" see link for more details.

http://rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/delayexec/

You could use this in place of your TT command line you set up in the set-up screen.

More generally....

In the XML file that defines the screen for movies there is a line <EXE></EXE> you can put your call to delay exec in there. When this entry is blank I believe that whatever DVD player you specified in the xlobby setup will be called instead. In your case TT. This overides this.

This can also be done thru, the skin editor. Select the movie category on your movies screen with the mouse. Goto to TAB with category settings on it. anf enter the command line for delayexec in there.

This is how you can completly control what is used to "play" any database object.

Complex to read,simpler to do!
noviceboy

Postby edbag4 on Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:21 pm

Noviceboy:
Thanks for taking the time to explain, it is appreciated. I will try this tonight!

Thanks agin,
Ed
edbag4

Postby edbag4 on Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:09 pm

Noviceboy:
Thanks for the link to the delay program. It works as advertised, unfortunately, when I tried it new problems were created. My goal was to delay the activation of Theater Tek long enough for the .wav file (Movie intro "Welcome to the theater....) to release the audio card to Theater Tek. Removing the Xlobby activation of TT and moving it to external applications and using the delay program allows the intro to work and start the movie with audio. But in doing it this way Theater Tek now plays the same movie repeatedly, I can pick another title in Xlobby, the intro plays and the movie starts, but it is the movie that I played previously, it will go on that way until I reboot the machine. Apparently, Xlobby does more that simply activate the DVD players .exe file with it's Xlobby program. It would be nice if I had a method to add a delay to the Xlobby program, something like:

Category>movies>delay "10">execute

I don't know if that is available. If there is a command that will do this please let me know, as of now I am back to square 1 without the movie intro.

Thanks,
Ed
edbag4