Will not go to menu screen after loading the splash

Speak your mind

Will not go to menu screen after loading the splash

Postby egandt on Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:58 pm

Basically I have had it working for months then I clicked on the "Start Up Screen" check box by accident, and so 2 sceens had it checked, splash and menu, now no matter what I do xlobby hangs on the Splash screen, and never proceeds. What can I do I've got 30 hours in the skin, but it no longer goes to the menu, so it useless.
This happens for all the skins, the default, and 2 I downloaded as well as mine.

Seriously screwed,
ERIC
egandt

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:02 pm

Try and delete the xlobby.xml file in your xlobby directory then reboot xl. This will return you to the default skin so at least you can research what the problem is in your skin.
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:41 pm

Most likely what you did was check off for the splash screen to be your start screen, so once done loading, the splash will remain as that's your start point (which may seem as a hang, but really it isn't). You could delete the xlobby.xml file altogether, but before going that route, why don't you open the xlobby.xml file in a text editor and look for a line like this:

Code: Select all
<startUpScreen>menu</startUpScreen>

If it says splash instead of menu (or whatever you named your main menu) then you have to change it. If it is set to the main menu, then you either have a second line set to splash, which in this case, just delete the additional line, or indeed, your .xml file is corrupted which in that case, do as sharp suggests.

You will have this problem across any skin you try as they are all trying to load from the xlobby.xml file which is a generic file.
Marbles_00