New remote that controls anything if you learn !

Speak your mind

New remote that controls anything if you learn !

Postby ThE ScReW on Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:18 am

ThE ScReW

Postby noviceboy on Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:40 am

Actually, I think the remote is an old model X10, not the newest version.

I have the ATI OEM version (remote wonder). They are very good. I dont use the software they are trying to sell there. You can use wmandra's xlobby ATI/RW when he officially releases it ( I think he is on Holiday at the moment) Works superbly with xlobby.

TIP The qsonic OEM version maybe even better because it will also control infrared devices. It does both Radio Freq.( to pc) AND infrared signals

available online at Pearl for a mehr €30 ,plus some useful software. I hear it is a super bargain

http://www.pearl.de/product.jsp;jsessionid=aaat3Wtf4nFkeHeiOCd-febDWY1fPhLO?pdid=PE4444&catid=1601&rate=1
noviceboy

Postby Mindflayer on Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:10 pm

noviceboy wrote:Actually, I think the remote is an old model X10, not the newest version.

I have the ATI OEM version (remote wonder). They are very good. I dont use the software they are trying to sell there. You can use wmandra's xlobby ATI/RW when he officially releases it ( I think he is on Holiday at the moment) Works superbly with xlobby.

TIP The qsonic OEM version maybe even better because it will also control infrared devices. It does both Radio Freq.( to pc) AND infrared signals

Actually, the remote at THR does learn/send infrared as well as the RF to PC. Also the software that comes with the remote is compatible with ATI's RW software as well.
Mindflayer

Postby stevenhanna6 on Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:48 pm

another cool remote....

http://www.snapstream.com/Products/firefly/

I think that x10 is the old one...who has a link to that new ATI remote with the IR blaster? that one is cool.
stevenhanna6

Postby ddiv on Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:32 pm

Also this one

http://imon.soundgraph.com/contents/e_201.html

I was thinking of it seriously until I saw that x10 one above...the imon is 69US whereas the x10 is 39
ddiv

Postby oneman on Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:07 am

I've been using the MX-800 remote for about a month.
It's a little on the high $ side but it increased my home theater experience from good to great.
The RF range is quite a bit further than my ATI remote.
oneman

Postby noviceboy on Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:36 am

@Mindflayer

Your'e right.

I forgot to mention that for Eurpeans the Qsonic is interesting because in the price you get an old version of SHOWSHIFTER TV software. You you can possibly upgrade at lower cost to the latest which supports DVB-S quite nicely. The rest of SS is pretty naff, so you might be able Skin out the rest and just be able to call the TV part via Xlobby.
noviceboy