remove offline items from database

Help each other out

remove offline items from database

Postby MrUnsocial on Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:26 am

How does one go about removing offline items from a database. I used to move/delete the item, refresh the db and it was gone, now it shows offline. I't not offline, it's either moved or deleted and I no longer want it in the db, is there a way to do it without deleting the db and starting over?
MrUnsocial

Re: remove offline items from database

Postby smotta on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:15 pm

This topic is very similar to a post i just made.

I asked if i changed a file name in my folders how could i get rid of the blank square that resulted when i refreshed my db. I think this response from joebob2006 can be suited to fit your situation as well.

"i know it might be too late for that, but if not you can open the old database file with notepad and so a search-and-replace to change the path.
for example say your old path is "C:\muzak" and you renamed the folder to "music", you would want to search for every instance of "C:\muzak" and replace it with "C:\music".

you of course have to close xlobby first and then start it again afterwards, and you have to rename the folder, then change the database all before you start it again."

- Joebob2006
smotta

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:47 pm

If it's just a single entry, simply press F2 for xLobby Setup, go to the DATABASE section, highlight the database in question (music, movies, whatever) and choose EDIT. This will open the database editor and you can scroll down, find the particular entry you deleted/moved (or in smotta's case, renamed) delete the entry the close the database editor and refresh. I do this all the time, doesn't take very long at all, AND you stay in xLobby the whole time, no restart needed.
cmhardwick

Postby MrUnsocial on Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:48 pm

So there's no way to tell XL not to mark missing items as offline and just remove them from the DB?
MrUnsocial