Multi button selection in designer

Got an idea, post it here

Multi button selection in designer

Postby MarkStega on Sun May 02, 2004 6:16 pm

It would be really, really nice if, in addition to the designer's "lasso" method, one could pick multiple buttons by using the CTRL key with the mouse (Hold CTRL key, left click two or more buttons). Then you could easily size/move the buttons by typing into the height/width/x/y or any other field.

It can be very difficult to get the lasso perfectly positioned and there are more things then alignment that could get set (font, color, etc) if this methodology was to be added.

Note - I posted something similar to this in the "Announcements" section & realized that it really belonged in this section. Sorry for the duplication.
MarkStega

Postby oneman on Sun May 02, 2004 6:33 pm

Also the ability to nudge a selected group with the arrow keys...
oneman

Postby Atlas on Sun May 02, 2004 7:01 pm

I second MarkStega's request. I've wanted to line up buttons on both sides of the screen but couldn't get them without selecting stuff in the middle.
Atlas

Postby mattdisaster on Sun May 02, 2004 7:20 pm

All of these ideas are great, the lasso is awesome though, maybe cntrl for the lasso, shift for the box multi select. That would rock.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby MarkStega on Wed May 05, 2004 11:22 am

I agree with Matt; I didn't mean to suggest that the lasso method be dropped, just that the CTRL method be added as another way to select multiple objects and apply new properties...

I see in the announcements threads that this task is a bit larger than a "quick fix", so, hopefully, it will be promoted to a "sticky" in this forum :-)
MarkStega

Postby mattdisaster on Wed May 05, 2004 3:00 pm

Good idea!

-matt
mattdisaster