7th Pre-Release Ready

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

7th Pre-Release Ready

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:50 am

7th Pre-Release Ready
Expires: October 20th, 2007

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby_2.0.7251.4.exe

I'm posting this from my hotel at cedia, someone came by the booth today and told me the old version was expiring today....I can't remember their username but thanks for telling me....I've just been so busy with the new build I forgot to extend the expiration date on the old one. So we've extended the expiry date to October 20th on this build. The new version is just taking longer than what I thought so I still don't have something you guys can play with. What most likely will happen is the new version, which will be called version 3, since the rendering system, and skin editor has been completely rewritten (I showed a little bit of this at cedia)...there are some other neat things we've added but I wont go into details right now.

Me and Wes will make a longer post about pricing stuff for xlobby once the show is over, and how the people on the forum will move forward with the commercial version of xlobby if they want to do so. We'll also upload some pictures of cedia, when we get back. So far the show has been going really good though, we have been getting fantastic feedback from installers everyone really likes what they see.

I will end with, my feet are killing me from standing up and giving demos all day for the past couple days. Only one day left :)
stevenhanna6

Re: 7th Pre-Release Ready

Postby snsumner on Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:17 am

Steven,

I'm guessing I was the guy (brown haired guy with goatee) that told you that the 6th Pre-Release was expiring tomorrow. My wife would have been pretty upset if she couldn't use Xlobby tomorrow. It was nice meeting Wes and you at the show. As I said eariler I love your product, think its the best solution in the market hands down. My five year old daughter and seven year old son loves your product they are probally one of your youngest end-users, I run the Xlobby client on their PC in their bedroom for Disney movies, etc. I really hope you offer the software as a standalone version for home enthustist, but I understand you reasons if you don't. Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Scott Sumner
snsumner

Postby Jay on Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:34 pm

Thanks Stephen :D
Jay

Postby cooldog on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:11 pm

An old, but major issue: installing the update still wipes out filetypes.xml, mediatypes.xml, and client\server.txt --- this will not be a popular feature ...
cooldog

Postby Jay on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:21 pm

Cooldog - do you do full or partial install?
Jay

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:35 pm

I do a partial and it doesn't wipe that info on mine that i've noticed.
cmhardwick

Postby Jay on Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:16 pm

Apparently. I've lost nothing with partial.
Jay

Postby cooldog on Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:00 pm

Partial.

Jay wrote:Cooldog - do you do full or partial install?
cooldog

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:14 pm

Ok, I stand corrected. My media types are set back to the default. I normally use the "free" version, and on the "pre-release" version have modified my skin to use the internal player so haven't noticed this before.

I agree, NOT GOOD. should not mess with those files.
cmhardwick

Postby Jay on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:26 pm

Sorry, I just checked again and realized I don't use any of those files.
Jay

Postby blopa26 on Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:41 am

Still fakeimage.jpg on the html code generated...

Pablo
blopa26

Skin editor a bit too responsive (original title: Crash bug

Postby cooldog on Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:46 am

Somehow, it seems as if the screen space dedicated to the array of movie cover jpegs got smaller ... which is strange, since I'm using my own copy of the default skin.

EDIT: NEVERMIND! It seems that I simply didn't wait long enough.

Steven --- an "Apply" button night be a better idea, or at least some delay between the user typing and XLobby applying changes. XL was busy redrawing things between the 6, 0, and the next 0.

Yikes!!!

Maybe this is changed in the new skin editor?
cooldog

Postby cooldog on Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:33 pm

Steven,

A very tiny issue that's been around forever ...

I use XL on a two screen system - XL on a 12" touchscreen, and the XP desktop and movie display on a big DLP TV.

If I click on "XLobby" on the taskbar (usually as a quick way to close it) the cursor disappears, making it just a bit harder to click on "Close".

Are you recovering from Cedia OK?

Paul
cooldog

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:17 pm

ok, Cedia is over ... UPDATES PLEASE :D
cmhardwick

Crash bug in Fast Interface Mode

Postby cooldog on Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:59 pm

Steven,

OK, this one is real, but I have precious little info to give you on it.

I decided it was time to go to the "Fast Interface" speed setting again. After restarting XL, everything seemed fine. I connected a tablet fat client, and things still looked good.

Approximately nine hours later, when I fired up the DLP display (with the primary desktop) I see a dialob box with the message "XLobby has committed a grievious sin and needs to be executed!" (or something like that, anyway).

Same thing happened a second time, then I switched back to the slow interface.

The system hardware and software has been in use for a while, is as close to "unchanged" as an auto-updating system can be, and as close to stable as a windows system can be. In short, I'm quite confident of its stability.

Paul
cooldog

Next