Cheap amps on ebay?

Speak your mind

Cheap amps on ebay?

Postby flips on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:09 am

I was browsing around ebay the other night and I found a number of these mini mp3 amps that run off of 12V. They can be had for about $15. I'm wondering how they sound for $15... It might be an option for a multi-zone setup. Anyone have any experience with these types of amps?

http://cgi.ebay.com/In-Car-Motor-Bike-A ... 240%3A1318

flips

p.s. This reminded me the last thread on cheap amps on ebay...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5066
flips

Re: Cheap amps on ebay?

Postby wesblack on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:50 am

These are typical in-expensive low quality China car amplifiers. If its just for back ground and you dont care for distortion at higher sound output levels or poor frequency response then buy it. I also love the 180 watts on the case especially using a DC coax power jack rated for only 3 amps. :lol:

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby billberet on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:07 pm

it's funny you brought this up.
i was just about to pick up a few and use for the voice part of my home automation.
just to power the inwall speakers that the server will speak announcements on.

and for the price, you can't go wrong.
billberet

Postby flips on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:11 pm

Cool. Let me know how it goes. How are you planning to power them? Did you find an AC adapter on ebay that would work?
flips

Postby samsonlov on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:23 am

wesblack wrote:... I also love the 180 watts on the case especially using a DC coax power jack rated for only 3 amps. :lol:
Wes Black \ Calrad

Yeah, Especially since it's "180 +180" (That would be 360 Watts!!) Maybe it's a Type-o and what they really meant to write was "1.80 + 1.80" :lol:
Still for a few bucks, may work okay for "projects" or "Background".

Personally, I've been using (and loving) Calrad's "mini" rack-mountable amps for driving multiple headphone jacks located in different rooms over Cat-5.

And thanks Wes, for the "Custom headphone jack/volume control knob/remote power switch/led status indicator over Cat-5 in a single decora wall plate solution.
samsonlov