Thanks to Xlobby and jowaldo's skin i have a great bathroom

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Thanks to Xlobby and jowaldo's skin i have a great bathroom

Postby BRISTOLMAN on Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:36 pm

Thankyou Xlobby and jowaldo (for the skin),

Im very happy with the setup i have in my bathroom, so i thought id share some pics, (sorry there a bit crap) :(

this is the screen saver looks good in the bathroom. :P

This is what i really wanted it for, Music in the bathroom :D The screen has an ELO touchscreen fitted, thats what the little box is for on the top left of some of the pics (its for the right click)

And now when i go in there in the morning before my 45 min drive to work i can see what the weather is like and what the motorway will be like, I have 3 cameras on the motorway on the way to work :shock: (great jowaldo )

Great looking title screen

Can also watch recorded news and sports bulletins from the BBC when im sat of the loo lol

This is the PIR as i didnt want the screen on 24/7 so this will turn it on for 10mins when you enter the room. The pc and amp will stay on 24/7 but they are tucked away in another room.

Anyway i thought you might like to see, its nice to see what everyone does with there stuff

Thanks for looking

Tom
BRISTOLMAN

Postby Arthur on Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:26 pm

Nice, it's a bit like the thing I'm working on for the livingroom.
How did you implement the TV / Tv-recording thing in Xlobby?

Arthur
Arthur

Postby BRISTOLMAN on Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:05 pm

Hi Arthur

Sorry i didnt mean that i recorded on it, its just the recorded news and sports bulletins that the BBC broadcast (on the internet).

The plan is now to get another HTPC for the living room and use that as the server (with dvd's on the hard drives and also a freeview card) :D but thats another project :shock:

Tom
BRISTOLMAN

Postby jowaldo on Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:28 am

wow its cool to see people using my skin, but thats one place I didn't think i'd see it ;)

Where is the pc at?

Are most of the buttons I made big enough for a touchscreen? Any I should fix?

and I have to ask.... do you make sure people's hands are clean when they are touching the screen? ;)
jowaldo

Postby ThE ScReW on Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:49 am

Nice done dude and that are also my intensions with xlobby, i want to use it everywhere in the house, mabe with a portable touch screen computer ...
ThE ScReW

Postby BRISTOLMAN on Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:37 am

Hi jowaldo

The PC and Amp are in the room next door, Its a small bedroom that i have changed into "MY ROOM" lol, so it was easy to pass the wires through the wall then under the bath and along the pipes behind the loo, then through the wall up to the TFT. Mind you it took me a long time to talk the wife around :evil: i told here it would be easy :D then i cut the plaster boad away :( to my horror there was a wooden support running right across where the tft would sit, so what did i do. i got a big hammer and knocked it out :shock: he he. So the deal with the wife was that i had to repaint and regrout the bathroom. small price to pay for my toys :)

Finger prints are a problem, but more to the wife she hates the look of finger prints so she is always cleaning it lol.

The buttons are fine, it all works really well :D

Hey ScReW id do it all again, am now thinking about what else i could do with it :wink:

Tom
BRISTOLMAN

Postby Anzxio on Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:54 pm

Would you be able to tell me where you bought the touchscreen? and what sort of costs are involved? :)

Thanks
Anzxio

Postby BRISTOLMAN on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:14 pm

HI Anzxio
The TFT is a samsung wide viewing angle panel and the touchscreen is a ELO touch.
The wide angle with touch is about £500 and a standard viewing angle with touch is about £440

Where abouts are you Anzxio

Tom
BRISTOLMAN

Postby Anzxio on Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:16 pm

BRISTOLMAN wrote:HI Anzxio
The wide angle with touch is about £500 and a standard viewing angle with touch is about £440

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm at university in Plymouth at the moment, don't quite think i can stretch to £1k for a touchscreen TFT yet though! :(

Looking good though!
Anzxio

another mad man!

Postby firmware on Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:36 pm

Hi there Bristol Man,

and I thought I was the only person mad enought to be doing this!

I have three screens in my walls presently, I am trying to source the intelli touch glass panels to go in front of them.

What technology is used in your screen, resistive, or acoustic wave, how does it cope with condensation etc?

i am out of the country at the moment, but I will add images when I get back home.

Did you have that surround made?

I have just had a load of single and double gang facias laser cut for my RJ45 and Ftypes to match the get ultimate mains sockets.

I am intending to get the screen surrounds laser cut as well when I have the touch glass.
firmware

Postby Arthur on Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:32 pm

you are not the only
one this evening i installed it in the livingroom
i am typing this on my touchscreen :D :D
i will post some screenshots in a few days
thanks jowaldo :D

arthur
Arthur