Hex codes for colors?

title says it all

Hex codes for colors?

Postby Mac on Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:52 am

I would like to change the color of my text. Where can I find the hex codes for colors?

thanks,
Mac
Mac

Postby mattdisaster on Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:26 pm

Mac-

Here: http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/reference/color_codes/
&
Here: http://www.dreamartists.com/hexcode.html

The last one has a nice little java applet thats helpfull. Good luck!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby Mac on Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:02 pm

Thanks Matt. I'm really starting to like this Xlobby. For the past 2 weeks I've been evaluating HTPC front ends. I've compared MainLobby/DVDLobby trial version, myHTPC, & XLobby. I like XLobby the best, except I like the way myHTPC handles my mp3 files (using tags to sort individual songs). So I linked the "Music" button on the XLobby to a truncated version of myHTPC (only showing the music module). I put the same jpeg background on both programs to give it a more seamless look. Now I have the best of both worlds.

Mac
Mac

Postby mattdisaster on Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:04 pm

lol, That's awesome, as well as very very clever! Wait till you see the next alpha, stevens been working his arse off on it.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby Mac on Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:19 pm

I can't wait. Do you know if the next version will link with my current skins? I've spent a lot of time getting them to look just right (for now at least).

thanks,
Mac

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:55 am

I try not to mess around with the skins to much....only stuff that gets played with alot is the music/movie section....so you might have to make minor adjustments to them there....but it wont be to hard. If your using the alpha39test....you probably wont have to make any changes.

I like XLobby the best, except I like the way myHTPC handles my mp3 files (using tags to sort individual songs).

Someone else asked me to make it so xlobby reads in all their mp3 files and then sorts them into the proper albums based of their id3tags....so I will be doing that sometime next week....not sure if thats what your looking for. But if you have some ideas to make the music section better than myhtpc I welcome them :)
stevenhanna6

Postby Mac on Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:44 am

Steven,

I downloaded and tried both versions 3.8 and 3.9. Although I like the look of the dvd sections of 3.9; I decided to stay with 3.8 primarily because it lets me search my movies by rating. When my sons' friends come to watch a movie, I like being able show them all of the PG or PG-13 dvds to choose from. I couldn't find that feature in 3.9.

Regarding the music module, it would be nice if it could sort all individual songs (regardless of what folder they are in) by genre, artist, title, and/or album. For example, I would like be able to play all songs by a given artist, even if they are from different genres or folders.

I don't want to sound dissatisfied with XLobby. On the contrary, it has already exceeded my expatations. And it sounds like it will only get better.

Thank you for your hard work.

Mac
Mac

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:49 pm

yah alpha39 is comming along slowly....but everything that was in 38 will be in 39 eventually :)

Regarding the music module, it would be nice if it could sort all individual songs (regardless of what folder they are in) by genre, artist, title, and/or album. For example, I would like be able to play all songs by a given artist, even if they are from different genres or folders.

that should work in the latest alpha39....there are small white arrows....and a word that says "normal"....click those arrows to filter by artist/genre/year....and then hit playall....you could for example play all the mp3s from 1983....or all your U2 mp3s.

I don't want to sound dissatisfied with XLobby. On the contrary, it has already exceeded my expatations. And it sounds like it will only get better.

Its only as good as people want it to be.....keep the suggestions comming :)
stevenhanna6

Postby smurgle on Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:01 pm

stevenhanna6 wrote:that should work in the latest alpha39....there are small white arrows....and a word that says "normal"....click those arrows to filter by artist/genre/year....and then hit playall....you could for example play all the mp3s from 1983....or all your U2 mp3s.

Steven... Actually this doesn't really work in the latest which is probably why Mac is having trouble. It worked once the first time I did it but after restarting XLobby it doesn't work anymore. Also please don't forget to put the "remember last state of filters" back in :)
smurgle

Postby stevenhanna6 on Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:34 am

smurgle, I'll look into this....I thought they were working :(
stevenhanna6