Audio Skips

Help each other out

Audio Skips

Postby ddiv on Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:25 am

When im playing audio and I move my mouse over any cd covers of other albums or over other tracks, the audio cuts out for a split second. Is this a known issue and is there a fix?

Thanks
ddiv

Postby noviceboy on Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:57 am

When im playing audio and I move my mouse over any cd covers of other albums or over other tracks, the audio cuts out for a split second. Is this a known issue and is there a fix?
Code: Select all

Are you clciking on these items? If so you are actually probably Adding the item to the xlobby play list hence the small pause. Othere than that it is cetainly not expected behaviour.
noviceboy

Postby Twit on Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:50 am

I had a similar problem but with my remote - every time i pushed a remote button, the music cut (dimmed) for a split second.

I figured it was my old htpc computer (850 duron) not having enough power.

I upped the winamp prosseccor priority (in winamp preferences) and the problem went away.

Maybe you could try this?
Twit

Postby ddiv on Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:12 am

no im just doing mouse overs...no clicking. And Im running this on an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 512bm ram...so I dont htink its the computer :)
ddiv

Postby ddiv on Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:29 am

ANyone else have an idea about this? Steven have you ever encountered this problem before?

THanks
ddiv

Postby Colby on Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:57 am

Im curious to help,
What version xlobby are you using?
What version of winamp are you using?
How many albums are in your database?
What is the directory of the music?
What is the file extentions of the media?

you say cuts out, does the music stop for a split second and then resume where it stopped or does it pause for a blip and then resume further along in the song?
Colby

Postby Twit on Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:56 am

And how large are your covers?

Not in xlobby but the jpg's.

I used to get choppy sound in games with my old crap soundcard, a soundblaster pci 128. there was only standard wdm drivers for it. And that was on a 2.8 Athlone.
Twit

Postby ddiv on Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:12 am

Colby -

Xlobby Version current stable one
Winamp 2.9 (so I can use the kernel streaming plugin)
No more than 50 albums all .wav
dir is E:\audio\albumname E is my secondary HD
not sure the cover size...they were all downloaded with gotcha and shouldnt be too big.

Im not sure I noticed this before I switched to winamp 2.9 from 5 and to my new harddrive so possibly its related to those things

Im pretty sure the music cuts out and kepps playing as opposed to pausing, but id have to check to be certain

thanks all
ddiv