Postby Naylia on Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:15 am

#
http://www.xlobby.com/files/Naylia/Screenshots/menu.jpg
##
XLobbyMC v1.50
-Designed for Remotes, Touchscreens and PPCs
-SDTV Aspect Ratio @ 720x480
-HDTV Aspect Ratio @ 1280x720

XLobby has been designed for flawless integration with mlbdude's SageMC STV for SageTV. Thanks to Johan Levin/Samsonite over at mediaportal for contributing his fabulous graphics.

XLobbyMC v1.50 Downloads
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HDTV 1280x720: http://www.xlobby.com/files/Naylia/XLob ... 80x720.zip
SDTV 720x480: http://www.xlobby.com/files/Naylia/XLobbyMC-720x480.zip
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEME PACK DOWNLOADS:
BlueTwo Theme Pack: http://www.xlobby.com/files/Naylia/Themes/BlueTwo.zip
BlackTwo Theme Pack: http://www.xlobby.com/files/Naylia/Themes/BlackTwo.zip

Discuss XLobbyMC Here: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3147

###

Warning: Do not extract directly to xlobby folder...contains IR triggers, databases and other files that could overwrite existing programmed commands and settings!!!! Be careful when adding databases, ir triggers, and plugins to your xlobby folder.

Customization Needed by User:
2 Events will probably need to be customized. These are:
Skin->autoplay->play dvd
Skin->movies->offline movie launch

They will need to have the correct path to your video player specified along with any parameters you want to implement.

INTEGRATION w/ SAGETV...
XLobbyMC will correctly wakeup and provide focus to a sleeping SageTV by pushing the My TV button in the main menu. SageTV v3.013 or higher will correctly pass focus back to XLobby when you put SageTV to sleep. Older versions will not do this correctly, but if you are using 2.2.8 or other older version I can walk you through any necessary modifications (it's not XLobby, Sage won't correctly give up focus to any program when it sleeps in version prior to 3.0.13).

XLobby expects SageTV to be asleep. XLobby wakes it up, Sage gets focus when it wakes up. When SageTV goes to sleep it now correctly releases focus and XLobby will regain it!!!!

INTEGRATION w/ SAGECLIENT........(hopefully I'll build a batch file and integrae this into settings)

XLobbyMC natively supports SageTV. However it can easily be modified to support SageClient instead. This just requires doing a simple find and replace on two of the xml files. The two files are:

XLobby\Skins\XLobbyMC\eventgroups\sagetv.xml
XLobby\Skins\XLobbyMC\eventgroups\ppc.xml

Open each separately in a text editor and do a find and replace with the following paramaters:
Find: SageApp
Replace with: SageClientApp

...and accept all changes and you are all set!

CHANGING THEMES
-Download a theme pack.
-Unzip and place the buttons folder and background folder in the skins/XLobbyMC directory.
-Accept it overwriting the existing files.
-Start XLobby!

v1.50 Changelog
-Change video to television on Sage controls page
-Make buttons on left hand side match Sage sizewize better
-Migrate from XWeather to XoapWeather
-Music Stop on Movie/TV Play
-Radio Page Up/Down
-Go through XRemote carefully and make sure fully utilized
-Add more Music Playlist management
--Added: Play, Move Up, Move Down, and Remove Song
--Added: Delete Playlist
--Added: Rename Playlist w/ Onscreen Keyboard
-Added more labeling to provide information about what you're looking at
-Added Snap
-Added City name to Current Weather Overlay
-Improved how visualization is handled, should be able to exit vis using 'Exit' button now.
-Games screens uses roms2xlobby format for info...now in cover mode similar to Music and Movies
-Changed how Sage tv is openend and closed. It now targets the later versions of Sage3 and Sage 4.0 which allow for proper focus handling...:) no more sendfocus needed!
-Upgrade button images for directional arrows
-Put EPG buttons in buttons folder
-Add large Radio label - included a psd template to make your own logos
-Integrate XAnt plugin for AudioCD lookup

v1.10 Changelog
-Integrated XRemote plugin
-Added My Radio w/ 420 shoutcast stations (still need to work on organization of this db)
-Included My Games (for more advanced users that can build their own dbs, i will update when the complete games plugin is available)
-Added 720x480 resolution...only resolution currently available for this version

v1.02 Changelog
-The following ppc events now load the 'My TV' control screen after being pushed:
...Library
...Guide
...My TV
...Recorded TV
-Music:Mini-Now-Playing Added
-Music:Controls - Volume Added
-Shutdown Screen added
...Minimize
...Close
...Restart
...Shutdown
-Many miscellaneous bug fixes in the way some events are handled! (I don't remember them but I know I made a bunch)

v1.01 Changelog
-Added Splash screen
-Altered Now Playing:Visualize button
-Added IR event for 'My TV'

v1.00 Changelog
-Complete PPC screens
---My TV (controls SageTV)
---My Videos (screens for ZP + TT)
---My Music
---My Weather
-Weather:Refresh added
-Now Playing:Visualizations added

v0.15 Changelog
-Finalized 'My TV' ppc screens.
-Music: Reset Views button added.

v0.14 Changelog
-No longer need Girder to switch between XLobby and SageTV
-Must place sendfocus.exe (included) at "C:\Sendfocus.exe"

v0.13 Changelog
-16x9 WS skin released with version 0.13
-Added a SageTV screen to XLobby - perfect for touchscreen users.
-Added triggers for remote users. Just relearn the ids/commands in the IR setup menu.

v0.12 Changelog
-Added My TV sage sendmessage event
-Added Recorded TV sage sendmessage event
-Cleaned up transition between XLobby / Sage

v0.11 Changelog
-Splash title added
-City name added to weather screens
-Today's nighttime outlook added
-Movie: Reset View button added

v0.1 Release Notes:
-Initial Release
-My TV implemented
-My Videos implemented
-My Music implemented
-My Weather implemented
-Settings implemented

Known Deficiencies:
-Settings->Stats page not implemented yet
-No Search yet...in any area.
-No News, Webcams, Pictures, yet either. All of the above probably rank before developing these areas. But I hopefully will get to everything eventually.
-SageClient needs separate events specified - I'll write a script for settings to configure this.

So, let me know what you think and I'll try to do updates as often as I can.
Last edited by Naylia on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 53 times in total.
Naylia

Screenshots of XLobbyMC

Postby Naylia on Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:21 am

Screenshots (updated 28 APR 2005):

ImageImage

from SageMC...
Last edited by Naylia on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Naylia

Postby m_masta on Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:46 pm

Hey,
I gave the skin a trial. It's very clean! Good work.
There are a couple of little things I think it may need though:
- A splash screen: right now it's just showing the default back.png
- On the weather page:
You could add the city name somewhere. When you choose "Next Location" it doesn't say which city you're looking at.
The forecast for the current day (current>1> .....) doesn't show the night forecast, so at night it's just blank. (You can look at Steven's skin to see how he implemented it)
- On movies and music: You could add a "Reset View" command. I have a couple of movies that are multipart and when I click on it, I can't go back to "all movies". For example, I have "Band Of Brothers" which when you click on it takes you to the multiple episodes, but if I want to get back to my main movies (where all the other movies are) I can't. I could reconfigure my database to accomodate the skin, but all other skins I've used so far allow you to reset the view.

Keep up the good work.
Unfortunately I don't have Sage, so I can't use your "TV" features.

masta
m_masta

Postby Naylia on Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback...

-I had entirely fogotten the splash screen. I'd been meaning to find someone to make something for me.

-I'm aware of the weather problem, I was getting frustrated with the way xweather displayed location so I just left it out and hope to migrate to Xoapweather in one of the first updates.

-Reset View should be easy enough...you'll probably see that tonight.

-Feel free to delete the My TV button, I plan on developing all the usual features for it but I personallly won't use them all so I highly encourage everyone to customize the main menu. Releases will include all menu items available with graphics and such and then just delete the ones you don't use and reposition the rest.
Naylia

Postby m_masta on Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:00 pm

Naylia wrote:Thanks for the feedback...

-I had entirely fogotten the splash screen. I'd been meaning to find someone to make something for me.

-I'm aware of the weather problem, I was getting frustrated with the way xweather displayed location so I just left it out and hope to migrate to Xoapweather in one of the first updates.

-Reset View should be easy enough...you'll probably see that tonight.

-Feel free to delete the My TV button, I plan on developing all the usual features for it but I personallly won't use them all so I highly encourage everyone to customize the main menu. Releases will include all menu items available with graphics and such and then just delete the ones you don't use and reposition the rest.

For the weather city you can simply use:
"plugin>xweather>current>%city%" as a text item
(I allready added it on mine :wink: )

masta
m_masta

Postby Naylia on Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:52 pm

awesome, i had asked about that a little while back and no one answered...expect a 0.11 in a little while with weather and reset added to it
Naylia

v0.11 released

Postby Naylia on Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:21 am

v0.11 Changelog
-Splash title added
-City name added to weather screens
-Today's nighttime outlook added
-Movie: Reset View button added

Screenshots update also...
Last edited by Naylia on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Naylia

v0.12 released

Postby Naylia on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:35 pm

v0.12 Changelog
-Added My TV sage sendmessage event
-Added Recorded TV sage sendmessage event
-Cleaned up transition between XLobby / Sage

Girder file to switch back to Xlobby using Alt+Tab method posted above. If I push menu again while in Xlobby it doesn't seem to Alt+tab to winamp which is good news!
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:58 pm

In the screenshots above, do you guys like the words My TV in white on the My TV screen from SageMC? Do you want that added to the Xlobby side of things? I'm not sure I like it, but it does add clarity as to your current location.
Naylia

Postby samgreco on Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:16 am

Naylia,

This looks great. Seems to work well, exept, I use Sage Client so it doesn't work as is. Any clue how I can change the target easily? Or not easily :)

Sam
samgreco

Modifying a command for SageClient

Postby Naylia on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:04 am

Sam,

Did a little research over at Sage and found out what needs to be changed. I'll walk you through it, and I'll include the event in future versions so only minor modifications need to be made from then on.

-Open XLobby, and press F2 to bring up the Set Up screen.
-Goto the 'Event Manager' tab.
-Expand skins, then expand the sagetv folder
-Expand 'PowerOn'

There should be two sendmessage events in the PowerOn command. Both have a 'Class Name' specified. Change the Class Name from SageApp to SageClientApp for both sendmessages and you should be all set.

Looks like you opened up a whole can of worms for me for when I make ppc screens because I'll have to create many duplicate events and will probably have to create a SageClient vs regular Sage screen that can be subbed in somehow in the settings menu. Shouldn't be difficult but it's another one for the list.

Let me know if this doesn't fix it.
Naylia

Postby samgreco on Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:42 am

That did it. Simple. :oops:

Should be able to go into the XML and do a Find/Replace, I think. Would save a bunch of time.

Thanks for all of the hard work.

Now onto Firewire recording.
samgreco

Postby Naylia on Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:42 pm

Yeah, but I think for the less skilled users I'll try to develop two ppc screens and two main menus that will copy/replace in by pushing a button on the Settings menu, sort of the same as I have planned for the themes.
Naylia

v0.13 released

Postby Naylia on Sun May 01, 2005 10:26 pm

Warning: Do not extract directly to xlobby folder...contains IR triggers that could overwrite existing programmed commands!!!! They are to be used as a template if you haven't programmed any yet.

v0.13 Changelog
-Added a SageTV screen to XLobby
---Touchscreen users can use this to control SageTV
---Remote control users can use this so that remote control triggers can be assigned to sage events (I then disabled usb-uirt reception in sage, because everytime I pushed play stop it would double stop, but if i didn't use triggers on the sagetv xlobby screen then if I pushed play both programs would snag the command and sage would play the show and xlobby would play music)
---sendfocus.exe is now used to guarantee transfer of focus to sagetv when awakening it...instal at c:\sendfocus

Please provide feedback on how well it works swapping back and forth between programs for you guys and if you perfect a good way of doing it.

Some general tips:
-Hide the audio player
-Close the equalizer and playlist on the audio player, this makes it impossible to Alt-tab to winamp for those that use girder to assign focus.
Last edited by Naylia on Sun May 01, 2005 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naylia

Controlling XLobbyMC and SageMC with a remote

Postby Naylia on Sun May 01, 2005 11:00 pm

Goal: Use one remote to control XLobby and Sage with no undesired side effects.

Current Solution: use ir triggers in XLobby to trigger SageTv actions that are also on XLobby's SageTV screen. Choosing My TV brings you to the SageTV xscreen and also gives SageTV focus. On my remote pushing 'Menu' sleeps SageTV and goes to Menu screen (using an xlobby command), while using girder to ALT+TAB to give focus back to XLobby. Disable ir commands in SageTV so that actions are not repeated twice. If you keep ir commands in Sage enabled and have other triggers, say music-play etc..., in XLobby both commands execute, hence the decision to run all ir commands through xlobby. This will probably have to be tailored to individual combinations of remotes and recievers. I'm using a usb-uirt and hence both programs try to recieve the commands.

I've considered using sendfocus to give XLobby focus but for some reason it doesn't want to. It gives focus to SageTV every single time without fail. Any ideas?
Naylia

Next