A For Sale Thread

Speak your mind

A For Sale Thread

Postby mattdisaster on Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:21 pm

Please for now, do not post for sale threads
-jowaldo

Hey everyone, normally I'de post this in the for sale section, but it's not there anymore! (Shows how much I post on here nowadays). Steven or Jowaldo, if this isnt allowed anyone please feel free to delete the thread asap.
Onto it: I need to sell most of my htpc stuff, I'm in need of money and more so I'de like a reason to upgrade my system when the time comes. So I'm selling:

Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8777774804&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Arisetec Accent HT-400s HTPC Case
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6857175783&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

WinTV PVR-350 Tuner PCI Card NTSC/NTSC-J
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8777570253&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I have the reserves set pretty low all things considered & for forum members I'll pay for shipping. Anyone interested or am I totally never going to sell these things? Thanks alot everyone!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby dandirk on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:50 pm

It is just my opinion and personal preference but...

I hate reserves, If you want to sell something for a minimum price thaen start the bidding at that price.

I know it gives more options and all. I think your items are prices well and probably will sell. Good Luck!
dandirk

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:14 am

Heh, I totally understand. I'm just trying to do my best to reel people in with the low starting price and not get the shaft on items that are worth paying for. I'm all about reselling at good prices, but I'm also about making my rent and not giving items away. Thanks for the bump, hopefully these things sell I need to move them before I go away on a buisness trip for 14 days in a week. And thanks steven and jowaldo for letting this thread keep going. It looks like the pvr card is going to sell, but I relisted the case & the 9600. Check em out! Thanks!

-Matthew Norman
mattdisaster

Postby Naylia on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:14 pm

I love my HT-400...it's a great HTPC case!
Naylia

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:33 pm

I have to agree, I really don't want to have to get rid of it, but thats life I guess.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby Aaron on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:17 pm

Matt,
Why not be cool and offer the items For Sale, not for auction, to hte people on this board... that is the least you can do. Otherwise it is just spamming... since anyone can easily search eBay.

I'd be interested in the case if you want to drop the price.
Aaron

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:15 pm

Sorry I missed the post, I went away for 14 day son a business trip. Now that I'm back, I still have the case for sale and am looking to sell it asap. I'm looking to upgrade my setup and this is the last part that I need to move. I'm going to take pictures with my camera phone since my girlfriend still has my digital camera, so I'm hoping everything will come out looking ok, I'll post them on my space and further post a link to them on here for any who are interested. What would you be interested in spending Aaron? Thanks.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby hvs69 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:21 pm

mattdisaster wrote:Sorry I missed the post, I went away for 14 day son a business trip. Now that I'm back, I still have the case for sale and am looking to sell it asap. I'm looking to upgrade my setup and this is the last part that I need to move. I'm going to take pictures with my camera phone since my girlfriend still has my digital camera, so I'm hoping everything will come out looking ok, I'll post them on my space and further post a link to them on here for any who are interested. What would you be interested in spending Aaron? Thanks.

-matt

Matt,

I've sent a message to you through ebay for the case. Let me know if the offer is acceptable.

Thanks.
hvs69

Postby hvs69 on Mon May 08, 2006 8:38 pm

I usually limit myself to technical discussion and not indulge in making personal remarks on this forum but this post is going to be an exception.

As seen in my post above, I struck a deal with Matt on buying this case. and immediately made a payment via paypal. He promised to send out the case the very next day but I never received the case. He stopped replying to my e-mail messages after the payment was made and has not responded to this date. After 3 weeks, I filed a complaint with Paypal for non-receipt. Today, paypal granted my claim since he did not respond to paypal's email either. But listen to this: Apparently, he has emptied out his paypal account and only has $0.02 and therefore paypal will not refund my money !!

I am not sure if I can do anything else at this point to reclaim my money. I made this post to warn the fellow members against dealing with this guy.
hvs69

Postby jowaldo on Mon May 08, 2006 8:53 pm

Yeah I don't know what Steven's policy on selling stuff on the forum is anymore... he did remove the for sale section, so for now I'm going to take that as he doesn't want people to do this.

Matt has been a member on this forum for quite a while, so I'd tend to trust him. But if he didn't send out what you paid for, it should be resolved.

I'm not going to delete or lock this thread, but please for now do not post for sale threads, until Steven says what he wants.
jowaldo

Postby Naylia on Wed May 10, 2006 11:15 am

hvs,

If you paid via credit card to PayPal get your credit card company involved. They have muscles that they prefer to flex on behalf of the consumer instead of the companies.
Naylia

Postby hvs69 on Wed May 10, 2006 4:01 pm

jowaldo wrote:
Matt has been a member on this forum for quite a while, so I'd tend to trust him..

jowaldo,

This is the reason why I decided to buy from him.

Anyhow, the paypal dispute status now is showing that he has initiated a refund. It is still pending and I am keeping my fingers crossed. This whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Nayalia: Thanks for your suggestion.
hvs69

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu May 11, 2006 10:34 pm

Only reason I took the forsale section down was because no one was using it. But I think we should just ban selling stuff on the forum from now on.

All I can say from when I used to talk to matt over msn was a good guy, so I'm sure everything will work out. I've been on both sides of something like this, one time I sold something on ebay and the item got lost in the mail.....another time it was damaged when it got there.....both times I just refunded all the money back....sucks for the seller but if I was the buyer I would want my money back in full. One time I refunded a paypal payment and it took 2 weeks because they took it from my bank instead of my paypal account. I'm sure it will work itself out......but its a good lesson to learn....ALWAYS pay with a credit card if possible.
stevenhanna6