TV lift 232 commands

V3 help and support questions

TV lift 232 commands

Postby billberet on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:31 am

I got a great TV lift for the bedroom.
its a great piece of furnature, and guess what, the components are from china, and trying to get information from them is going at a snails pace.
(there was no documentation)
i dismantled the tv lift and found out the pinout, so i was able to make a cable and connect to the unit via hyperterminal.

NOW, my dilema is, does anyone know any 232 commands for UP and DOWN?
i've searched online high and low, with no luck so far.

i've tried the basics "0,1,UP,Up,Up001,:Up,:UP001" etc

thanks
-bb
billberet

Re: TV lift 232 commands

Postby wesblack on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Bill,

Where did you purchase the lift from ? can you post some images.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby billberet on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:26 pm

i will take some pics, i got the cabinet online and the company said they bought it from a company that went out of business.
so they are contacting china to see if they have any documentation. they are trying to get information for me, or i'll have to return the unit.

It's a 'Meritage design' cabinet.
billberet

Postby vaporhat on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:34 pm

Without knowing the following...

Baud Rate :
Data Bits:
Parity:
Stop Bits:
Flow Control :

You have a tall order.

I still can not get my HDMI switcher to work and I have the documentation :(
However have had luck with all my other componets.

Once you get the documentation post it up and I will try my best. Do you know if it has 1-way or 2-way communication? You can also try creating a driver using the XL xcontrol utility...
vaporhat

Postby billberet on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:06 pm

baud:9600
bits:1
parity:none
stop bits:1
flow:none

i already connected with a hyperterminal,
don't know if it's 2 way or not, i am assuming it is, so i can get back the 'ok' command.
it's only using 3 pins, Tx, Rx, Gnd, so i figured out it's a straight thru cable, did not need a null modem.
so i am making progress, even if it's only baby steps.

my problem is i don't know what the command is for up, the MFG could have put anything for that command, but i am hoping it's a china generic brand that someone else might be using. i may have to program the chip myself, or i'll make my own relay that i can trigger to send the lift up.
again, i'd rather not, so i figured if i could find some 'up' commands from other mfg, maybe i can get lucky.

Vapor: do you think the XL xcontrol utility could help? I still don't know the commands to send for 'UP'
Wes: see how funny this is, i can make my own circut board and program chips, but i couldn't get your touchscreen working ;) I'm a goof.
Last edited by billberet on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billberet

Postby vaporhat on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:11 pm

if it's two way try the XL control utility!
In test I was able to use it for my HK receiver although it did not work for my switch.
vaporhat

Postby billberet on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:14 pm

i'm new to the utility, where can i find it?
thanks again
billberet

Postby smarty on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Did you find it? Where is it?

Closing the thread with the found answers will help all the rest of us :)
smarty

Postby billberet on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:06 pm

sorry, not yet.
trying to figure it out
:)
billberet

Postby samsonlov on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:09 pm

Not to sound all "doom and gloom" but if you don't know the RS-232 commands, "guessing" seems like an unlikely way to find-out.
But if I were going to be "guessing", I'd also try any "status" commands. - Who knows, there may be a command that gets the unit to return a list of valid commands including syntax and a programming guide in English. :lol:

If you're handy, and it souds like you are, maybe try taking the controls apart, and looking for any serial numbers inside to research online, or just keep calling the manufacturer - don't give-up no matter what - until you convince them to get you the info.

Also, "only using 3 pins" does not indicate whether or not a "x-over" cable is required, but one should be easy-enough to make.

The xlobby xcontroller "utility" can be found here ..xlobby\services\xcontroller\xcontroller.exe

If guessing doesn't yield a working code, maybe you could get one of the more experienced programmers like "P3ve3t B3ar" http://xlobby.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1689, "jovial_mood" http://xlobby.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1246, or "Mables_00" http://xlobby.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1183 to write you an application that will send every possible RS-232 command and log any responses. If you know how long the string is supposed to be, then this might work. Heck, you might even be able to create such a "procedure" using xlobby.

The only thing I'd caution you about is that sending "unknown" commands may "lock-up" the unit, disable the rs-232 port, or even "erase" or change some factory settings in the unit, so be careful.

Bad RS-232 Code.jpg
Bad RS-232 Code

I hope this helps.

Samson
Last edited by samsonlov on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
samsonlov

Postby billberet on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:02 pm

trust me, i am bothering them as much as possible.
i am using a 232 punchout block so i can crossover the tx rx if needed.

I will keep you posted
oh, i like the bad 232 code !!!!!
billberet