Newbie question

Speak your mind

Newbie question

Postby e268 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:39 am

I have dl xlobby and been playing with it for a week off and on. Every time when I load xlobby, it seems to get stuck on loading "plugin". Sometimes a minute, sometimes, I have to turn it off and try again. I did not change anything in the plugin, which I believe is the weather channel. I am using dsl always on connection to internet, so I expect dl the weather info would be quite fast. Maybe I have to configure it? But, I have not come across how. Please help. Tx.

On the webbrowser menu, it is always Google. Can I configure it to let me input the web page I want, or at least lead me out to my default explorer (currently using Firefox). Tx.
e268

Postby Heiko on Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:05 am

yes it's the waether plugin. I had the same problems. Delete the weather plugin and take the XoapWeather tool. Works fine.

You can define any website: pick up the skin editor, choose 'screen' - 'add' - 'website'. Put your URL into the Website-command line and push the 'add' button. Place the Object on your Xlobby screen.
that's all.
Heiko

Postby e268 on Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:04 am

Thanks for info. Deleted xweather from xp file manager. But I do not know how to add xoapweather. I dl it, but it is just a file, put it in the same plugin folder, but not recognized by xlobby.

Also, could you please provide more instruction on adding web site, followed you previous instruction, and entered url, but the screen showed up on top right corner, and I cannot do skin edit or setup. So, I reloaded xlobby.

TIA
e268