Why does my Insteon control have a delay?

Lighting control systems, upb, lutron, insteon, LED lighting, Etc.

Why does my Insteon control have a delay?

Postby vaporhat on Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:31 pm

What is a typical delay for an Insteon light control?

I am getting about a 5 second delay and it's driving me crazy. What's my issue here or is this just the way it is?

It seems instant though the xlobbylighting.exe although there is a delay when I program the commmand though a button in XL.
Last edited by vaporhat on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
vaporhat

Re: Why do my Insteon control have a delay?

Postby smarty on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:57 pm

vaporhat wrote:What is a typical delay for an Insteon light control?

I don't know what Xlobby is doing to control Insteon (not enough Xlobby documentation), but when I send my Xlobby button presses to Powerhome (to control Insteon), my lighting response is undistinguishable from instantaneous (even with this "extra" step of Xlobby to PH). So, the hardware is capable of "fast". Sorry that I am of no help for Xlobby.
smarty

Re: Why does my Insteon control have a delay?

Postby stevenhanna6 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:56 pm

it should be as fast as doing it directly through the xlobbylighting service, what your saying is it's fast in the service app but it's not fast through xlobby? is it any faster if you go into the skin editor an manually execute the lighting command directly?

it's important to know if it's slow controlling the lighting in both the service application and xlobby, if you have a plug in module you should try to plug it directly on top of the insteon plm to see how fast that is that way to eliminate the possibility of a phase issue or noise on the electrical system.
stevenhanna6