MediaPortal TvEngine3 plugin WWW

Xlobby plugin development

Re: MediaPortal TvEngine3 plugin WWW

Postby Cabinetguy on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:35 am

Hi Lasse,

I noticed that RC-3 of Media Portal is out.
Is it worth updating?
I've been experiencing random C++ runtime errors since upgrading to RC-2
I figured that you have already been working with it and wanted to know what your opinion.

Thanks,
Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby lar282 on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:06 am

I've never seen c++ runtime error but I do run rc3. I can upload it during the week.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Cabinetguy on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:22 pm

That would be great!

Thank you,
Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby lar282 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:29 am

http://www.xlobby.com/files/Shaggy/MpTv ... e_Pack.zip
Contains all u need. Unzip and modify the BAT file to suite your paths. Then execute it..

All your settings will be gone

so remember your settings or write them down. Run configuration.exe after install to set your settings. Database is upgraded to.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Cabinetguy on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:27 pm

Thank's Lasse!
Hopefully I will get to install it this weekend

Thank's
Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby lar282 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:52 am

updated to RC4. Works really really well

http://www.xlobby.com/files/Shaggy/MpTv3/Update_Pack.zip

make sure u check some things after install and before configuring the system

* make sure the file UNOLibs.Net.dll is in mediaportal directory
* make sure the file UNOLibs.Net.dll is in TvServers directory

After running configuration.exe and setting upp the server, u have to copy the gentle.config from mediaportal dir to Xlobbys dir. Otherwise XL cannot conenct to sql. Open it in notepad if u are unsure and check the hostname and password. The file can be found in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal ( Gentle.config )

Also created a 1280x720 skin that matches my new projector -:) its in the mp installer.

PS: if u have a problem in mediaportal that everything takes 20 sec, tv on, tv off, shutdown. Then update cause I fixed that bug in xlobby.dll in the Tvserver plugin:DS
lar282

Postby Cabinetguy on Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:45 am

Thank's Lasse!

Oh, by the way I found the C++ error that I was getting. It was FFDshow.
Will the current skin that I have to match Baddabings HTTC_CF skin still work with RC4? I saw on the Mediaportal site that they made some changes in the skins.

Thank you again for sharing!

Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby lar282 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:15 am

Cabinetguy wrote:Thank's Lasse!

Oh, by the way I found the C++ error that I was getting. It was FFDshow.
Will the current skin that I have to match Baddabings HTTC_CF skin still work with RC4? I saw on the Mediaportal site that they made some changes in the skins.

Thank you again for sharing!

Brian

My old 4:3 skin still works and I think yours will too. Haven't got around to see what they changed in the skin engine, but I think they added features, not removed, so u should be fine. If u didn't see it I added offline scheduling to the XL plugin. u just add two events to an event. 1: wake computer up(server) 2: add schedule. This will let all the XL clients add tv schedules even if tv server is in standby/hibernate.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Cabinetguy on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:21 pm

Sounds good!
I hope to be able to install this week.

Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby gnaffs on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi Lasse,

I could not find the original file in the thread. There is only the update file, i am missing something or can i install your plugin with the update file and use another install of the mediaportal client.

Brgrds Krister
gnaffs

Postby lar282 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:51 pm

gnaffs wrote:Hi Lasse,

I could not find the original file in the thread. There is only the update file, i am missing something or can i install your plugin with the update file and use another install of the mediaportal client.

Brgrds Krister

First post updated with 1.0

http://www.xlobby.com/files/Shaggy/MpTv ... e_Pack.rar

//Lasse
lar282

Postby mememe on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:38 am

I've tried setting this up multiple times now and it hasn't worked at all. I'm having the following problems:

1. I have never had, or had created, an xmptv.xml in any of the directories or locations that the instructions reference

2. Every .rar/.zip file I have downloaded from this thread do not contain things referenced in the instructions like the mini-player or skin pages

3. The .rar/.zip files I've downloaded from this thread have no Mediaportal\Program Files\MediaPortal or Xlobby\Entire Xlobby\Program Files\Xlobby files, or folders, that are referenced in the instructions

What am I missing?

Edit:
I did a full mediaportal installation just to be sure the guide and tvserver were working correctly. Everything is working find. I just don't see how, even following the instructions, how the tvserver gets to be useable by xlobby.
mememe

Postby lar282 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:33 am

mememe wrote:I've tried setting this up multiple times now and it hasn't worked at all. I'm having the following problems:

1. I have never had, or had created, an xmptv.xml in any of the directories or locations that the instructions reference

2. Every .rar/.zip file I have downloaded from this thread do not contain things referenced in the instructions like the mini-player or skin pages

3. The .rar/.zip files I've downloaded from this thread have no Mediaportal\Program Files\MediaPortal or Xlobby\Entire Xlobby\Program Files\Xlobby files, or folders, that are referenced in the instructions

What am I missing?

Edit:
I did a full mediaportal installation just to be sure the guide and tvserver were working correctly. Everything is working find. I just don't see how, even following the instructions, how the tvserver gets to be useable by xlobby.

mini-player was left out from the rar sorry! Will update this weekend.

the manual is not updates since the mp team went over to a different install technique.

we'll get u up and running. lets see how far u got.....check the points below and get back to me.
I assume the dirs are
c:\program files\xlobby
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server

did u run the update_all.bat from the rar?
if not copy the content of 3. Xlobby to your xlobby install
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
make sure the file UNOLibs.Net.dll exist in 3 places:
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make sure the gentle.config is correct according to YOUR system. This is the line u have to check and its the hostname and the database thats important.
<DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="Password=xxxxxxxxxxxx;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=MpTvDb;Data Source=YOURHOSTNAME\SQLEXPRESS;Connection Timeout=300;" />

The file above exist in all 3 places but it is CREATED by the server so u can have that as a reference.( xp paths)
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
open tvserver configuration and make sure the plugin xlobby is ENABLED. if the plugin is not there at all, the xlobby.dll is missing in the directory:
C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\plugins
open mediaportal configuration and make sure the xmptv process plugin is enabled.
restart tvservice or reboot computer.
start mediaportal.exe manually now. if it works great.if not, paste logs here so I can read whats wrong.logs from mp is located here on a xp:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log
All I need is error.log and mediaportal.log

I uploaded a new rar file that also contains the xml files that u didn't have.(They are created auto when all is working!)
lar282

Postby Cabinetguy on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Lasse,

Thank's for the update! This works great!
You've got one happy camper here.

Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby mememe on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:47 am

Thanks for the reply. I've been busy this weekend, I'll give it another go in the next couple of days and get back to you.
mememe

PreviousNext