Girder & USB-UIRT & Xlobby

title says it all

Girder & USB-UIRT & Xlobby

Postby jnd53 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:44 pm

My HP TV remote can not be learned by USB-UIRT, but it seems to be able to be read by girder. My TV is an important part of my system and my xlobby driven touch screen works everything else fine, is it possible to have girder start my hp remote event through a press of a button in xlobby?

Thanks JD
jnd53

Postby scottw on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:54 pm

Not sure I fully understand what you are saying or it is not registering in my thick head. You have an Girder event that you are trying to trigger thru XL, is that right??

If so can't you just use the Send Eventstring command under Girder in the event editor of XL??? Then just add that event to a button in XL.

Or am I not understanding :lol:
scottw

Postby jnd53 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:24 pm

Yes my problem is that for some reason my HP remote is not being picked up by usb-uirt. So what you are saying is I can get girder to perform the event through the event editor in xlobby.
Thanks Jerry
jnd53

Postby scottw on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:28 pm

Do you already have Girder setup to do everything you need for the remote or are you just saying girder sees it and USB-UIRT does not?
scottw

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:35 pm

scottw wrote:Not sure I fully understand what you are saying or it is not registering in my thick head.

I dont think it has nothing to do with your head... but with his avatar more likely :D
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby jnd53 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:03 pm

Thanks Scott, no I do not have girder set up, usb-uirt was fine until I purchased a new TV, usb-uirt picks up the code if I keep hitting the button while it is learning but will not play it back. So I read here about girder and thought I would try that to control my Tv through xlobby. When I tried girder it picked up the code right away, so I was just trying to figure out how to tie the two together.
jnd53

Postby scottw on Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:11 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar,
I think you are right :D

jnd53,
Ok sorry I misunderstood you. I do not have a USB-UIRT yet :D so I am not really sure how they are setup. I do know that you can run girder events from Xlobby using the method I said above. I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction and waste your time. So I will leave it up to someone else who has a USB-UIRT to hopefully lend a hand.

Also check out Xremote:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3244
it is a Girder2Xlobby plugin for Xlobby, although this may be backwards of what you need but since I don't fully understand the USB-UIRT yet it may help.
scottw

Postby capecodscot on Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:16 pm

jnd53 wrote:Thanks Scott, no I do not have girder set up, usb-uirt was fine until I purchased a new TV, usb-uirt picks up the code if I keep hitting the button while it is learning but will not play it back. So I read here about girder and thought I would try that to control my Tv through xlobby. When I tried girder it picked up the code right away, so I was just trying to figure out how to tie the two together.

Have you tried experimenting with altering the number of repeats within setup/IR plugin? I have had this trouble before and after aletring the umber of repeats to 5 it worked perfectly. The other thing you could do is get hold of IRnhelper. I had great success with this for learning codes correctly. You can use this to learn the initial codes by pointing at the USB-UIRT and then copying and pasting the Pronto codes to a notepad and then into Xlobby.

Hope this helps.
capecodscot

Postby jnd53 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:54 pm

Yes I am working with the helper, that usb-uirt support has sent me, still no luck, I ahve not given up yet.
Thanks JD
jnd53