GOING NUTS (-: HELP, autoplay folder open...

Speak your mind

GOING NUTS (-: HELP, autoplay folder open...

Postby kolemieux on Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:23 am

Guys,

Please help me - I may smash my head into tv soon (-;

I have scoured the threads on AutoPlay activity and have a SUPER ANNOYING issue. I have 2 of my test systems that every single time an ISO is mounted in DaemonTools opens the Folder View with the _TS folders.

Guys - I even whacked the tree from the registry with the autoplay options and its killin me (-:

HELP -- any advice on this. I know the hatchet to that area of the registry was not great - but .... I will recover. The DVD/ISO launches PERFECT in Zoom per my settings but the damn folder then jumps on top of it.

Ideas guys.

Thanks a lot - Chris :shock:
kolemieux

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:50 am

could you email me a copy of your types.xml file? I'll take a look and try to see what could be causing it...
jowaldo

Opening Folder issue...

Postby kolemieux on Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:39 pm

Jowaldo ...

THANKS for jumping in to help me - sincere appreciation. I have a gut that this is OS related setting - But? - should Xlobby help to override this action and hence the types.xml file?

Here is what I've done to simply try and test this - nothing is even opened. I walk thru the manual process with Daemon of mounting an image, a few seconds later - the OS notices the presence of a new image/disk - boooom - damn folder opens with the root of VIDEO_TS / AUDIO_TS. I have killed myself trying to dig and shut this bad boy down.
No luck at all.

Back in Xlobby - all action works wonderful with the load/play and my zoom params but this damn window ends up on top. I have one laptop that does not perform this action but about 3 other machines I test with do the same identical thing.

Let me know if you still think the Types.Xml would help and perhaps Xlobby can control this. I even set autoplay to as many possible .IFO .ISO u name it within Xlobby.

Thanks again - Chris
kolemieux

types.xml

Postby kolemieux on Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:09 pm

I checked the types.xml file and it looks like its doing what it is supposed to and handling ifo,avi,iso

And Xlobby seems to be doing its job to. I just am going completely nuts trying to figure out how to shut this autoplay handler from opening a folder. As I mentioned, on one test box I even removed that branch of the tree from the registry and it is still haunting me.

Any ideas ??? :?:
kolemieux

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:22 pm

Yeah it sounds like windows is makin that window pop up... Just to be sure tho, could you email me that file? jowaldo2k (at) hotmail.com
jowaldo