<body>
output.state
{
state=[state]
text=[text]
}
</body>
</message>
You can add a * to the adress if you want.
You can specify two filed [state] and or [txt] to indicate where XL could find the information for text two variables
plugin>xAP-Xlobby>state>XXXX.YYY
plugin>xAP-Xlobby>text>XXXX.YYY
That all for the incomming messages.

- ACTIONS file:
You can add as any outgoing messages as you want, just add this lines
<event>
<name>Basic Control</name>
<class>xAPBSC.cmd</class>
<adress>*Xlobby*</adress>
<Desc>bsc 1.3</Desc>
<body>
output.state
{
id=*
state=[On,Off,Toggle]
}
</body>
</event>
Only one parameter available, *Xlobby* to indicate where xl xap adress is.
the field like [ON,Off] can indicate multiple possibility.
ptrinchi

Postby Hiller on Mon May 09, 2005 10:36 pm

Hey Everyone,

I finally took the time to try the plugin and I couldn't even get XLobby to see it! I'm running the newest exe and have tried everything I can think of in the plugins dir to get XL to see the dll but it doesn't come up!

Anyone else run into problems? I tried this on two machines just to make sure and I can't see the plugin on either.

Thanks,
Steve
Hiller

Postby ptrinchi on Wed May 11, 2005 7:24 am

To run properly you may have :
1 - The xAP-Xlobby.dll and xap.ini files in a directory named xap-xlobby under plugins
2 - The KCS.Utilities.dll, xAPMessage.dll, xAPTransport.dll and xAPUtilities.dll files in the xlobby directory, near your xlobby2.exe file.
3 - The actions.xml and events.xml files in a directory named Schema under xap-xlobby directory.

With this configuration, the plugin must appear in the setup of Xlobby.
ptrinchi

Postby Hiller on Wed May 11, 2005 1:39 pm

ptrinchi wrote:To run properly you may have :
1 - The xAP-Xlobby.dll and xap.ini files in a directory named xap-xlobby under plugins
2 - The KCS.Utilities.dll, xAPMessage.dll, xAPTransport.dll and xAPUtilities.dll files in the xlobby directory, near your xlobby2.exe file.
3 - The actions.xml and events.xml files in a directory named Schema under xap-xlobby directory.

ptrinchi,

Thanks for the reply! Even though I had done some work on my own xAP plugin I was trying to install this on a different machine. I completely forgot about the KCS and xAP dll's. I'm sure that's the problem. Thanks again, I can't wait to try your plugin.

Steve
Hiller

Postby Hiller on Thu May 12, 2005 5:56 pm

One more question guys. Thanks for the help so far! I got XLobby to see the plugin but I can't get the X10 connector to receive the messages. I am targeting ERSP.X10.htpc and have tried ERSP.X10.* (The ERSP is for memory because I am not at that machine so that's probably the wrong acronym). Could someone that had targeted the connector successfully please paste in what their message looks like?

Thanks
Steve
Hiller

Toogle not working

Postby Bill Lott on Sun May 15, 2005 8:46 pm

Finally got xap up and running correctly - thanks to all for the help. Down to just one problem - the toggle command. If the light is off, toggle turns on the light and then turns it back off. It won't stay on. Toggle seems to work OK if the light is already on.

Any ideas how to fix this???
Bill Lott

Postby CouchPotatoe on Mon May 16, 2005 4:07 pm

I see this 'toggle' was mentioned before in this thread by a0192677 - not sure if it is a bug in the HS plugin or just an issue based on the BSC type of device that HS created by default. I will try and duplicate the problem here and post back shortly.
CouchPotatoe

Postby CouchPotatoe on Tue May 17, 2005 12:21 am

Hi Bill,

Well James and I have both tried this and it seems to work ok here. So I need to get a bit more info.....

What type of device actually is this in HomeSeer - ie how was it created and what exact hardware is attached to it. I'm guessing it may be an X10 module ?? Which device code is it ? Can you let me know the HS version number and the xAP plugin /OCX version number.

Could you also send me a copy of your HomeSeer XML configuration file and also the settings.txt file from the xAP folder in your HomeSeer directory. (Bear in mind if you do this that these files will reflect your personal HomeSeer configuration so check you are happy with that. No serial numbers or anything like that are included in these files though)

I'll then take a look and see if I can duplicate the issue here. I would like to iron this one out if there is a bug there. Perhaps you could also send me a copy of the xAP toggle command message and a copy of a xAP message that is sent when this problem device changes state too. You can copy paste these from xAP Viewer.

Could you confirm that a standard xAP ON cmd message does manage to turn the device ON and leave it ON ??

Cheers Kevin
CouchPotatoe

Postby Bill Lott on Tue May 17, 2005 3:23 am

Thanks Kevin for the help. Please send me an email so I'l have your address to send all the requested info to as the files are pretty big.

mailto:lottbill@bellsouth.net
Bill Lott

Postby Bill Lott on Tue May 17, 2005 3:45 am

Hi Bill,

Well James and I have both tried this and it seems to work ok here. So I need to get a bit more info.....

What type of device actually is this in HomeSeer - ie how was it created and what exact hardware is attached to it. I'm guessing it may be an X10 module ?? Which device code is it ? Can you let me know the HS version number and the xAP plugin /OCX version number.

HS Version: 1.7.43
xAP Conduit: 0.8.155 and I’m using the GUI Hub (v1.2.1.6)

Could you also send me a copy of your HomeSeer XML configuration file and also the settings.txt file from the xAP folder in your HomeSeer directory. (Bear in mind if you do this that these files will reflect your personal HomeSeer configuration so check you are happy with that. No serial numbers or anything like that are included in these files though)
I’ll send files to your email address..

I'll then take a look and see if I can duplicate the issue here. I would like to iron this one out if there is a bug there. Perhaps you could also send me a copy of the xAP toggle command message and a copy of a xAP message that is sent when this problem device

ON:
xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF411100
class=xAP-x10.event
source=mi4.homeseer.homeseer.Master
}
xAP-x10.event
{
event=On
device=H4
}

OFF:
xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF411100
class=xAP-x10.event
source=mi4.homeseer.homeseer.Master
}
xAP-x10.event
{
event=Off
device=H4
}

Toggle:
xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FFABCD00
class=xAPBSC.cmd
source=PTrinchi.Xlobby.homeseer
target=mi4.homeseer.homeseer.*:hallways.Upstairs
}
output.state
{
id=*
state=Toggle
}

And then this appears after the toggle command in the Hub
xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF414208
class=xAPBSC.event
source=mi4.homeseer.homeseer.95:xAPConduit.homeseerptrinchixlobbyhomeseerxAPBSCcmdoutputstatestate
}
output.state
{
state=OFF
}

Could you confirm that a standard xAP ON cmd message does manage to turn the device ON and leave it ON ??

Yes. Standard ON and OFF commands operate properly.
Bill Lott

Postby Bill Lott on Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:32 pm

Just to close this loop all is now work. It seems I had a corrupt file of the plugin. If anyone is experienceing the toggle On/Off problem I suggest trying the below:

Make sure you are using the latest Homeseer ocx. To swap the ocx just close HomeSeer, replace the ocx and restart HomeSeer, you don't need to do any registering at all.

This fixed the problem for me.
Bill Lott

Postby pievdb on Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:58 am

I've tried to install the xAP-Plugin, but the plugin won't appear between the "plugins" in the setup window. I see Xweather and USBUIRT.

Can someone tell me how I have to install xAP-Xlobby.zip?
I extracted the whole map into the map plugins from Xlobby.
pievdb

Postby Hiller on Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:37 pm

ptrinchi wrote:To run properly you may have :

I ran into the same problem. If you download the xAP hub or another app you will have the required dll's in a folder. Copy them to the XLobby dir and you will be all set.

Steve
Hiller

Postby pievdb on Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:45 pm

ok, I have the plugin installed.
I get Xap in the plugin menu.
But now, when I try to send an event (plugin: Xap)
I get following commends: Basic control : On; Basic Control : Off ; Basic Command : Toggle; Basic Query; Homeseer command : speak; Homeseer command : triggerevent; Homeseer command : triggerspeak.

Ii chooce basic Control : On (or off)
and with variables, I put Hometheater.Projector
then I send the command, but I get the message that I got a malformd command.

I've also tried to send an Homeseer command : triggerevent with value "slapen". (which is one of my events in Homeseer) but then I get a large messagebox with a lot of info, just like in the xAP hub. Only I never see my event "slapen" in the message.

what to do?
pievdb

Postby Hiller on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:26 pm

pievdb,

This is a bug in the Event Manager when using any plugin. If you click on your command in the tree on the left you will probably see that the last box (value I think) is empty. This is why you get malformed commands. Once the command is selected in the tree you can enter the device name in the text box and should be good to go.

Steve
Hiller

PreviousNext