Pictures and webcam screens controled by client.

V3 help and support questions

Pictures and webcam screens controled by client.

Postby Jay on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:23 pm

I imagine these 2 are related to categories.

I need the client to control picture album selection and their slideshows on the server. I'm in mimic mode.
As it stands, I can mouse over or touch an album on the client and see the same album highlighted on the server's screen. But, only the client's album opens and plays the slideshow.
If I make the client's slideshow button event a server event, only the first album on the server will go into slideshow mode.

:: How do I slave the server so that I can use the client to show albums and slideshows on the server's big screen? ::

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similarly (?), with Webcams. In this case, I do get some action. I can select the client's first 2 images and see them change on the client and on the server screens.
When I select the 3rd or any subsequent image on the client, the server screen drops back to the first image. Using the client's previous and next page buttons (not set to server event), the server screen just goes back and forth between the first 2 images even though the client is on a different screen with a totally different set of images/cams.

:: How do I slave the server so that I can use the client to show webcams on the server's big screen? ::
I set both screen resolutions the same for a test. No joy. I set up a web client and the server WILL switch images although they don't match. (but I just remembered that I didn't match resolutions for that test.

Thanks guys.
Jay