for devs: Will u move on or stay?

related to programming for xlobby, code samples, examples etc.

After paylobby release will u most likely be developing for?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:03 pm

Freelobby
75%
Paylobby
25%
Some other FE
No votes

Total votes : 12

Re: for devs: Will u move on or stay?

Postby scottw on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:00 pm

I would have liked to have gotten in on the pay version but did not have the money in the short period they were offering it. I emailed Wes after the fact asking if I could get in and got no response.

I would not mind switching to a linux based MC but only if there are enough plugins already available to make is as good as XL. If we found one that had a good strong list of contributers/programmers I would switch.

I loved the fact that before XL went commercial Steven was always on the board and releasing updates to what people were actually asking for not just what he wanted to add...but I do understand why he could not keep up with that.

I think someone mentioned a while back that it would have been nice to have one more update to the "free" XL to fix a few of the bugs...that would be nice :D
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:46 pm

I think someone mentioned a while back that it would have been nice to have one more update to the "free" XL to fix a few of the bugs...that would be nice

That would be cool, but unfortunately where would it start and where would it stop? What bugs would he have fixed and which ones are left out...then hear the wrath of the public as to why that bug was fixed and not this one...then on top of that, hear the wrath of the installers as to why bugs in V3 that they would have informed Calrad about have not been fixed in a timely manner, and their customers are getting peeved. This is one time I can grugenly understand why it went the way it did, and why support from him for the free version stopped. Though it was nice of him to included the free version with the xweather plugin fix a while back.

I was just inquiring about LinuxMCE again as before I installed XP and Mirage on my HTPC, I tried to install LMCE, but I'm using a temp hard drive and didn't have enough space to install it. I came across Elisa yesterday, and noticed the rotating menu system, like Mirage, and I've always liked the "Apple" graphics on black background. Simple, though pleasing to the eye.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:53 pm

I do agree with you Marbles...I was just wishfully thinking in a fantasy world :lol: :lol:
It would start quite a storm. :shock:
scottw

Previous