xlobby framed

Speak your mind

Postby BaddaBing on Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:34 pm

If you want long video runs you need a high quality video cable to extend over 15 feet. I tried a few long video runs with standard vga cables and saw the problems you described. I then tried a high resolution sheilded VGA cable ($92.95 for 100 ft, $68.95 for 75 ft and $48.95 for 50 ft at http://www.altex.com) - no shadows - no flickering - no problems. They are not cheap - but they work.
BaddaBing

Postby summerall on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:22 pm

Thanks for the tip Baddabing - I may have to get that 100 ft cable.

On another note, I hope you don't mind me modifying your BONG skin for my own personal use and posting pics of it.

Later,
Summerall
summerall

Postby BaddaBing on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:39 pm

On another note, I hope you don't mind me modifying your BONG skin for my own personal use and posting pics of it.

Not at all! The whole idea of putting skins on the forum is to share. There is no way that the skins I put together will fit everyones needs / requirements / style. So I have no problem with people taking what they like and modifying it to fit their needs. Personally, I'm happy that you like my work enough to use it as a base for your set up.

cheers,
-baddabing
BaddaBing

Postby Nabu on Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:32 pm

Summerall,

Unfortunatley, you need both the USB and VGA connections for the touchscreen.

Yeah I kinda guessed that would be the case, someday we might get USB everything -- Here's to hoping. ;)

I've ran into problems extending the breakout cable

True, as BaddaBing mentioned the standard VGA extension cables are not shielded so you get ghosting and outside interferance, the dearer cables have shielding around each signal wire which minimises these issues. I have one cable 20 meters in length and a good picture to boot.

N.
Nabu

Previous