Xlobby + USB-UIRT?

Speak your mind

Xlobby + USB-UIRT?

Postby yanksno1 on Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:10 pm

Hi All,

New to the forums and Xlobby in general. I had a couple questions I was hoping I could get some answers from. I bought a USB-UIRT for my remote (Harmony 659) that I was hoping to connect to my HTPC. I saw the uirt plug-in, but wasn't sure what features it had with Xlobby.

Can I use Xlobby to program my remote so I can open my electronic devices as well as the software on my HTPC? Basically I want to be able to with the touch of a button turn on my electronic devices (TV, Stereo, etc.) and open up the HTPC software to play a DVD (and other choices). Is this do-able with this plug-in?

Is there a walk through someone can show me? I'm very new at this and this is my 1st HTPC I'm going to be building, so some assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Zach
yanksno1

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:23 pm

you can assign buttons in xlobby to send ir commands out of the usbuirt, and not just individual ones, macros and more. For example I have a macro set up so I click on one button with my ppc in xlobby which sends a command to the server with the usbuirt that turns my tv, reciever, tivo on, then sets everything to the right input. Not bad with a touch of a button ;)

When it comes to xlobby learning and sending ir codes through it, there is no walk through yet. I was going to make one, but I think steven is gonna change the layout of the ir plugin tab, so i've been waiting. But I think I'll go ahead and at least make a quick walk through. I'll post a link to it here when its done.
jowaldo

Postby Hiller on Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:04 pm

Jowaldo,

A quick walk through would be great. I have no problem getting through the rest of XLobby without docs but for some reason I can't get my UIRT learning commands or transmitting for that matter so I know I'm doing something wrong. Maybe we can hook up on IRC real quick tonight and you can point me in the right direction.

Steve
Hiller

Postby rhinoman on Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:56 pm

I'm having the same trouble too, a walkthrough would be very handy.
rhinoman

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:02 pm

sorry guys, normally i can come through when i say i can, but things have came up i need to take care of, so i don't know when for sure i'll be able to do it.

One big tip for when you are trying to learn IR codes, is that the usbuirt is VERY VERY touchy about where the remote sending codes to it is. The remote needs to be like 2-3 inches away, and even then the angle needs to be just right. You'll see the red lights blink when it sees it.
jowaldo