7th Pre-Release Ready

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

Re: 7th Pre-Release Ready

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:49 pm

lol, sorry, that's what I get for trying to do this from memory. Play Dvd Disc is what mine is set to (home now and able to look). TRY disabling all external players and see if that works. It works on mine, so I know it does work. :D

I am home, but still working. After I get through with work (couple of hours) I'll post the exact settings for file types, etc I have.
cmhardwick

Postby Jay on Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:20 pm

:D You messed with my sanity.

Disabled everything in file types.
No good.
Will await your post-work wisdom :)
Jay

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:43 pm

one error I did get with one DVD was a region error. The built-in player is NOT regionalized apparently, so some disks may not work because the player is not valid for the region, since it's not set to any region.
cmhardwick

Postby Jay on Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:50 pm

Hmm, well I get no errors. The popup arrives, the title appears with underscores between the words, I click play and nothing happens. I'll try another DVD. Look forward to your file settings, whenever. :)
Jay

Postby cmhardwick on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:25 am

well, different DVDs, different results. You can see if they will play PERIOD with the media player by going to the media player and choosing PLAY DISC.

I've tried some DVDs and when I click play, the it goes to the media player screen and starts. others, it flashes to that and right back to the menu, but I can play them manually by going to Media Player and choosing play disc. I have no filetypes enabled. I use nVidia and ffdshow for codecs.
cmhardwick

Postby wesblack on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:28 am

A few issues concerning xlobbys media player DVD playback. xLobby uses a direct show video rendering engine and the default DVD codec installed on your system will be used to render playback of DVDs in xLobbys media player, if the codec is not compatible with a direct show player or windows has more then one mpeg decoder installed then it may produce un-predictable results. Under F2, select Media Player, there is a list of GRF files that tell the direct show engine how to render video, the default selection will use the xLobby default GRF file to render video using windows default DVD mpeg2 codec. The xlobby complete hardware systems we currently ship contains only the Power DVD codec and uses the power DVD6 GRF file for reliable and consistant playback of DVDs and movies. Compatible DVD playback software for xLobbys direct show engine is Zoom Player, Windows Media player with the DVD codec installed.

Other issues for DVD playback from your local DVD drive may include Region CSS or macrovission protection and video cards that are rendering video using component video above 480P will not play all DVD's from your DVD drive, all decrypted DVDs will playback. using VGA output from your graphics card are not restricted and should playback any DVD either from the drive or decrypted content using xLobbys media player.

Media Player GRF file setup screenshot:

media player setup sc.jpg

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby lar282 on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:43 am

So I can create a different grf to suite my needs on a specific system?
I actually can't play dvd's on one of my machines but the other one works? On the first one nothing happens at all when hitting play. Is this a standard grf file or have u guys created your own ?

Another thing, nothing happens when pressing the configure...

anyway, it's not urgent and I will wait until Steven releases V3....

regards

LAsse
lar282

Postby Jay on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:54 pm

Thanks guys. I'll follow //Lassie on this one.

CMH, no the Play Disc doesn't do anything.
Wes, I also cannot configure the filters.

I'll try to create an event to launch WMP as an external app for now.
Jay

Postby Aaron on Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:59 pm

I just installed on a clean Vista 64bit... XL will not run, at all. And I do not see any eventlog errors.

any ideas?
Aaron

Postby thekochs on Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:11 pm

wesblack wrote:A few issues concerning xlobbys media player DVD playback. xLobby uses a direct show video rendering engine and the default DVD codec installed on your system will be used to render playback of DVDs in xLobbys media player, if the codec is not compatible with a direct show player or windows has more then one mpeg decoder installed then it may produce un-predictable results. Under F2, select Media Player, there is a list of GRF files that tell the direct show engine how to render video, the default selection will use the xLobby default GRF file to render video using windows default DVD mpeg2 codec. The xlobby complete hardware systems we currently ship contains only the Power DVD codec and uses the power DVD6 GRF file for reliable and consistant playback of DVDs and movies. Compatible DVD playback software for xLobbys direct show engine is Zoom Player, Windows Media player with the DVD codec installed.

Other issues for DVD playback from your local DVD drive may include Region CSS or macrovission protection and video cards that are rendering video using component video above 480P will not play all DVD's from your DVD drive, all decrypted DVDs will playback. using VGA output from your graphics card are not restricted and should playback any DVD either from the drive or decrypted content using xLobbys media player.

Media Player GRF file setup screenshot:

media player setup sc.jpg

Wes Black \ Calrad

Wes,

Theatertek 2.0 does not appear to work within Media Player. Take a look at the last couple posts of this thread: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5686

snsummer
When I go under "movies" and select a given DVD title and click "Play" it goes into the "Media Player" and launches that DVD. However, I don't believe it using TheaterTek because when I hit control-alt-delete I don't see the "TheaterTek 2.0.exe" in the processes list. I believe it using the other CODECS that have been installed on my media server.

For me I did the same and no DVD will launch....the screen is just black in the player window. I assume snsummer has some other codecs that the Media Player is using under default to play....I must not....clearly it doesn't like the TT codecs....funny since they are NVidia. If I use another skin (other than default) TT comes up fine. It may be a function of that Media Player screen....I'm going to try to create another temp screen with a PLAY button point to the Play Movie EVENT with Execute command in it and see if it launches within default skin. I wish the Media Player F2 setup menu allowed you to point to the codecs in your system...hard to telling what default means. Obviously, it would be really nice to see Theatertek, Zoomplayer, etc. in the selection box there. For what it is worth....the reason I use TT is the NVidia codecs are by far the best PQ out there.
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:40 pm

So have you checked the codec being used under MEDIA player in setup?

To launch TT itself, and bypass teh media player, it needs to be setup in file types as normal AND the event for the "play" button needs to be changed to "play movie" from "play movie new". Play movie new launches the internal player, NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE IN FILE TYPES.

also, I believe even though mine shows Default and PowerDVD, NVidia is also launching because it's configured in the general system to kick in. I know FFDShow kicks in on it's own as well. Due to thin-client triggering the internal player (or not in my case) i'm using the free version mostly right now.
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:52 pm

cmhardwick wrote:So have you checked the codec being used under MEDIA player in setup?

I think I get/understand the rest of your post....thanks. However, how can you do the above ? I'm not sure (not in front of my HTPC) how/where you can find this info ?
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:55 pm

F2, Media Player ... towards the Right side I believe it give you a choice (at least it does on mine, Default and PowerDVD)
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:04 pm

cmhardwick wrote:F2, Media Player ... towards the Right side I believe it give you a choice (at least it does on mine, Default and PowerDVD)

Oh, yeah....that's what you mean....yup....default was selected....I thought you meant what codecs is default trying to use. As FYI, I only have the TheaterTek command string in file types....there were some others there after install but I deleted. I think I get why when I try to use TT it isn't playing....I'll change play movie new to play movie.....but curious now why default doesn't work. Could it be that the only codecs on my HTPC for MPEG decode are TT NVidia and for some reason the internal player cannot access and thus effectively sees no codecs ?
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:19 pm

actually, I thought the powerdvd was included with xlobby, but I may be imagining things (happens more and more as I get older hehehe). I'll check on my production HTPC as it is just a stock DELL with Windows XP Home on it and whatever software they loaded. I'll dig around some tonight if I can.
cmhardwick

PreviousNext