Heavy Metal X for Sage TV

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Heavy Metal X for Sage TV

Postby MFan on Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:37 pm

After seeing Naylia's fine work with blending an xlobby skin with one from Sage TV, I thought I would try it the other way around. As a result, I am nearing completion on a Heavy Metal X skin for Sage.

BabbaBing - Thank for for a great starting point. Since I am using your skin as a model, along with a number of objects from that skin, please advise if you do not want me to post further on this.

A few completed screens:

If there is any interest, I can post the files when they are complete. And please excuse the poor quality of the images - they are from my Flickr account.

Don
MFan

Postby donsmith on Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:52 pm

yes, there is interest... looks good.

i'm a little surprised there still aren't more sagetv stv's available. i thought people would be churning them out.

take care.
donsmith

Postby samgreco on Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:18 pm

Interest? Youbetcha ! :D
samgreco

Postby MFan on Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:55 pm

I am not sure why there is not a flood of skins for Safe. It may be that it is initially intimidating.

I have asked Steven for server access so that I can up load my Sage skin for any Heavy Metal X user who wants to try it out. It will be beta - the core functionality still works but I may have missed reskinning a few of the multitude of pop-up that Sage uses.

Don
MFan

Here is the Sage HMX File

Postby MFan on Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:10 pm

You can download this file at:

http://www.xlobby.com/files/MFan/Sage%20HMX.zip

This is intended to be called by xlobby. It only has those parts that are relevant to the PVR functions - none of the media center stuff. Un zip the files to a folder in the STVs directory in the Sage folder.

You may want to do into the Heavy Metal X events and make sure the event attached to the PVR button on the main screen will call Sage. This event will open Safe if it is closed or wake it if it is sleeping. After opening Sage you can change the STV over to Sage HMX.

Hitting the Home button will put Sage to sleep and cause the xlobby menu to appear.

Blots of luck and let me know of bugs.

Don
MFan

Postby Naylia on Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:15 pm

Sweet!! Very nice....you should also post this over in the Sage STVs if you haven't yet.

A thought for people that want to set a different default starting screen is that you can chain sendmessage events in your XLobby event...so it wakes SageTV then jumps to a particular screen.
Naylia

Looks great.....but......

Postby berniejr on Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:44 am

OK I've installed Sage 4.0, I'm using Xlobby 2.0 dated 4/25/2005. Ive unzipped the files into the STV directory as instructed, but I'm somewhat stuck after that. The version of HMX that I have is trying to use XCPTVr, and I've looked under events to try others such as Sage, but with no luck. DO I need to create my own page for this skin?
berniejr

Postby MFan on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:44 am

berniejr,

Can you open up sage and load the new stv? If so, check the event on the button you press in xlobby. It sounds like that button may be linked to an event that starts CTpvr. There should be an event floating around in the event directory that triggers Sage.

On the heavy metal X skin in xlobby, the PVR on the main page will wake Sage if it is sleeping. If Sage needs to be started up (it is not running), I have found that the event there will load Sage but then go to the pvr screen in xlobby. It may be helpful to remove the command that changes the page in xlobby.

Don
MFan

Yes

Postby berniejr on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:25 am

I can open Sage with the STV that you provided, however when trying to transition to a different menu option, then the old menu options remain on the screen, and everything looks a mess. I'm using the 14-day trial of the latest version (4) from Sage's website.
berniejr

Postby MFan on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:23 pm

The Sage Studio manual says you can not use Studio during the trial, but I would have thought that changing STV's was not a problem. Have you tried loading one of the STV's on the Sage site? I suggest downloading SageMC:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10715

Let me know if that works.

Don
MFan

Postby berniejr on Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:26 am

Yes, The Sage MC skin works fine for me.
berniejr

Postby MFan on Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:11 am

berniejr,

I am at a loss on this one. I downloaded the file from the link, unzipped it to SageTV > STVs. opened it and then unzipped it to the file SageTV > STVs > HMX, opened it and both worked fine for me.

Has anyone been able to download this Sage skin and have it work?

Don
MFan

Postby MFan on Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:51 pm

berniejr,

I have been able to duplicate something like you wrote about.

In the directory in which you unzipped the files, make sure you have the folders 'buttons' and 'backgrounds.' If you do not, look for the zipped files 'buttons' and 'backgrounds' and unzip them.

If you do have the folders 'buttons' and 'backgrounds', open them and make sure that the unzipping had not created a second level of folder with the same name. If so, unzip 'buttons' and 'backgrounds' directly to the folder with the other files, not to xxx/buttons or xxx/backgrounds. The end result should be 1 level of folders named 'buttons' and 'backgrounds' - I hope this makes sense as written.

Let me know...
MFan

Postby berniejr on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:19 am

THnks MFan, that did the trick. I did however run into another problem where as when I go into the program guide, I don't have a keyboard shortcut to get back to the main menu. This may be due ti my lack of knowledge as I am a newbie to Sage Tv as a whole. Using the default Sage skin, I noticed that there is always... never mind before I hit send on this I hit the home key on my keyboard and Ithat get's me back.... Thanks again.
berniejr

One more item

Postby berniejr on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:35 am

OK I noticed that if I am in full screen mode in Sage and select the Home menu option, the screen fades slightly but Sage does not close. When I am not in full screen mode and I hit Home, then Sage will close completely as it should. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
berniejr

Next