Skin Question

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Skin Question

Postby Marbieskarb on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:24 am

I'm using Jowaldo's skin and I wanted to know how to add the "play" "que" "status" buttons next to EACH TRACK on the album view page versus pressing a separate button...I've seen in the "Vera" skin but when I downloaded it I didn't get those options.....I'm using Xlobby freeware so is that the issue? If not, how do I edit my skin to get those features on the album view page.

Thanks a lot
Marbieskarb

Re: Skin Question

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:03 am

Freelobby is defenetely not the issue. With creative mind and hacking spirit u can bend it over almost any obstacle.

Id say u need separate but dependent cat with a different function for each row of buttons. But skinners will prolly chime in and give u more detailed advice or correct me if i was wrong.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:05 am

nope, thats how i do it :)
S Pittaway

Postby scottw on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:14 pm

I am doing the same thing. :D
scottw

Postby jowaldo on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:15 am

Marbieskarb wrote:I'm using Jowaldo's skin and I wanted to know how to add the "play" "que" "status" buttons next to EACH TRACK on the album view page versus pressing a separate button...I've seen in the "Vera" skin but when I downloaded it I didn't get those options.....I'm using Xlobby freeware so is that the issue? If not, how do I edit my skin to get those features on the album view page.

Thanks a lot

If you open up the skin editor you can just copy and paste what you want from another screen onto the other one you want....
jowaldo

Postby Marbieskarb on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:55 am

If someone can give me a mini tutorial on how I could do that, it would be greatly appreciated....I'm pretty familiar with the whole concept of the skin editor but, I just need some specifics if possible.

Help if you can....(scottw & S Pittaway)
Marbieskarb

Postby lar282 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:19 am

Marbieskarb wrote:If someone can give me a mini tutorial on how I could do that, it would be greatly appreciated....I'm pretty familiar with the whole concept of the skin editor but, I just need some specifics if possible.

Help if you can....(scottw & S Pittaway)

press pause/break
mark the button(or whatever u want to copy)
press Ctrl c
got the other skin page u want to copy TO
press Ctrl v
lar282

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:50 pm

Or if you want to copy a group of items:
1) click just outside of the group within the screen
2) click again and hold theshift key and left mouse button and drag the mouse across the group
3) a green rectangle should now be around the parimeter of the group, indicating that you have grabbed the group
4) Ctrl-C to copy
5) goto your other screen, and click anywhere in the screen
6) Ctrl-V to paste
7) you will notice that the group (or individual item) will be at the same x,y cordinates from where you copied from.

Have fun.

A more advanced way
1) is to give each item you want to copy from screen to screen a name in the Default/ID window
2) check off the box next to "Multi Screen"
3) click on the "Advanced" tab
4) In the top window of the Advanced tab, you will notice all your screen names under "Multi Screen Button"
5) select which screens you want that item to appear on.
The nice thing about this is if you make a change to the item on one screen, then it is reflected on all the screens the item appears on. :D
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:13 pm

If you want to copy item from ones skin to another:
1) close xlobby
2) goto the skin you want to copy screen items from
3) select the screen .xml files from the skin's root directory
4) copy to your skin directory
5) copy any images required from the skin/buttons directory to your skin's button directory
6) copy appropiate event xml files from the skin/eventgroups directory to your directory. Be careful of this as this may overwrite your existing events, if they are named the same. Best is to rename prior to copying over.
7) start xlobby
8 ) goto the Skin Editor (pause/break)
9) goto the screen(s) you just added from above.
10) then you can either copy like indicated in the other posts, or change that screen to suit.
Marbles_00

Postby Grooby on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:37 pm

Or if you want to copy a group of items:
1) click just outside of the group within the screen
2) click again and hold theshift key and left mouse button and drag the mouse across the group
3) a green rectangle should now be around the parimeter of the group, indicating that you have grabbed the group
4) Ctrl-C to copy
5) goto your other screen, and click anywhere in the screen
6) Ctrl-V to paste
7) you will notice that the group (or individual item) will be at the same x,y cordinates from where you copied from.

Have fun.

A more advanced way
1) is to give each item you want to copy from screen to screen a name in the Default/ID window
2) check off the box next to "Multi Screen"
3) click on the "Advanced" tab
4) In the top window of the Advanced tab, you will notice all your screen names under "Multi Screen Button"
5) select which screens you want that item to appear on.
The nice thing about this is if you make a change to the item on one screen, then it is reflected on all the screens the item appears on. :D

Marbles, great post, i didn't know any of this and i've been skinning for years :( :? :shock: ...
Grooby

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Grooby wrote:
Marbles, great post, i didn't know any of this and i've been skinning for years :( :? :shock: ...

Yeah, thanks a lot for the tuto marb. I just changed sharks player to work as multiscreen thingy and what a relief on skin management it is. I tried it before but couldnt get it work, i guess i didnt had some prequisite right. Anyways im wondering should i use this same strategy for two tier menu cat i have on almost every screen... wondering if there is some reason u shouldnt use this with cats?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:29 pm

I think I tried this in my Mirage skin way back when, but the problem is that even the database is assigned across the board, so if you change it in one screen that you've used the multi-screen tag, all the other multi-screen tagged categories change to the same database. So I ended up just using the simple copy/paste. The cat is generically named, but it can reference different databases.

I guess the way around this is if you change to a screen, then you could do a toggle database event. Example: enter the music screen you will have a toggle database event on screen enter to bring up the music database, movie screen...toggle movie database, etc.
Marbles_00