Movies Import to xLobby from NAS device on different PC

V3 help and support questions

Re: Movies Import to xLobby from NAS device on different PC

Postby wesblack on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:37 am

What does your movie folder look like. Does each folder have a Audio TS and Video TS folder inside as well as a movie coverartwork image + item.xml file. If you ripped the movie with all files in one folder it will not import correctly into xLobby and in many cases the database becomes corrupt or damaged if you try to update coverartwork, etc. . We are in the process of modifying the import process to allow this type of structure as well. This should not cause any deletion or damage to your ripped files just the movies database xml file.

Are you ripping movies through xLobby or jusy using DVDFabHDdecrypter.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:30 pm

wesblack wrote:What does your movie folder look like. Does each folder have a Audio TS and Video TS folder inside as well as a movie coverartwork image + item.xml file.

Are you ripping movies through xLobby or jusy using DVDFabHDdecrypter.

I have my folders setup like this:
2009-02-19_082407.png
2009-02-19_082407.png (21.47 KiB) Viewed 7479 times
2009-02-19_082432.png
2009-02-19_082432.png (22.16 KiB) Viewed 7479 times

I am still using DVDFabHDdecrypter to ripe because I actually use my laptop to rip to my networked drive which is alot more convenient for me.

Thanks for the help!!
sharp_1

Postby wesblack on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:11 pm

Ok we found the issue. I am creating a explanation of what happened in my next post. It's going to be long so................stay tuned ! :D

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby wesblack on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:51 pm

First of all sharp_1 thanks for helping us find a unusual import issue but for the most part would not ever happen to our system integrator market that we sell machines to because all of the loading of content happens in the xLobby GUI and this will explain why you can not import your content and also why all your movies were deleted.

When adding content to your xLobby hardware for movies you should always use the xLobby interface and the DVDFabHDdecrypter plugin, this will always insure the content is formated correctly so xLobby can read and manage the folders and files correctly.

So I will try to expain what happened.

When using DVDfabHDdecrypter as a stand alone application to rip content it creates a folder called MainMovie to move the ripped files into. This is fine if its used by itself outside of xLobby but here is what xLobby does with the folder structure.

1. The DVDFabHDdecrypter plugin launches DVDFabHDdecrypter in the background and yes it creates the MainMovie folder to rip the content into.

2. When the ripping process is finished xLobby moves the files out of the MainMovie folder and creates a new folder based on the title of the movie that was initiated from the first screen of the copy process.

3. Then it deletes the MainMovie folder, this is why Sharp_1 lost all his movies because he was ripping his content from outside xLobby so all the movies he ripped were stored inside the MainMovie folder. Also xLobby will ignore any folder called MainMovie this is also why he can not import any movies into xLobby.

4. xLobby then adds the new movie folder to the movies database.

So when setting up your folders do not include any folder names called MainMovie because xLobby will not see it. We have added new code to ignore folder names with MainMovie so users will not be able to attempt importing files from a MainMovie directory.

Also another relevant and rescent import issue that someone was trying to do will also cause problems. Do not rip content into a single folder where all the files reside together because xLobby looks for the folder video_TS to validate that it is really a true DVD .mpeg2 movie.

A correct folder should look like this.

1. Movie folder, example Superman as the folder name
2. Inside the Superman folder there should be 2 folders and 2 files 1. AUDIO_TS folder, 2. VIDEO_TS folder, 3. coverartwork .jpg image file for the movie if it has been spidered, 4. Item.xml file which contains a movies Synopsis and playback bookmark information.

Sharp_1 rename your folders then delete your database and do a full re-import. Also double check your DVDFabHDdecrypter plugin and make sure there is no reference to the MainMovie folders in the output folders list.

Wes Black \ Calrad
Last edited by wesblack on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
wesblack

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:22 pm

Thanks Wes for the excellent explanation, no wonder all my movies disappeared.

So if I take my mainmovie folder and change it to something like media1, 2, 3, 4 and so on that should work right.

Like I said before I don't use my xLobby machine to rip with. I use my laptop and rip to my network drive...so that is where DVDfab is pointed. I wonder if there is a way to change the way DVDfab writes to a folder?

Thanks again!!
sharp_1

Postby wesblack on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:44 pm

Also I retract my statement that there is only one way to delete your movies in xLobby. :lol:
Sorry you had to deal with that. :?

I believe there is no way to permanately change the MainMovie naming, you can change it manualy each time but not so the software does it automatically every time, this is why we had to move the folders in the first place.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:15 pm

I will work on a workaround for my situation then.

Thanks for checking into this for me.
sharp_1

Postby lpg on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:09 pm

Wes, I rip to .iso files with no videots. I have not had anyproblem with my dir struct yet (movies\movie type\movie name\ where movie type is dvd,hddvd or bluray) under ver 2.0 latest build. Will I have a problem with ver 3?
lpg

Postby Bill Lott on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:03 am

Just found this and now understand how the 150 HD movies I had disappeared when I tried to import into xLobby. I'm sitting in an airport reading this thread while waiting on a delayed flight - but you can bet as soon if I get home I'll be downloading the "undelete-plus" program and crossing my fingers that I can recover my files. Sound like I might be busy this weekend.... They were all copied (outside xLobby) to just the main directory in the format "movie name.ts"

If nothing else it solves the mystery of "why did my files disappear"
Bill Lott

Previous