Web Browser

V3 help and support questions

Web Browser

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:47 pm

There is an event to jump to a new url, but you don't seam to be able to display the url of the page you are currently on?

I dont know if its in there or not, but It really should be accessible via a variable. I cant think of a web browser that doesn't show what page you are looking at.

The big problem that i am having is that you cant control scrolling of the web page via a remote, is there a hack to get it working or can scroll/page commands be added?

I have tried everything to get it working (even sending key strokes to the "Internet Explorer_Server" window that the page "runs" in but i cant get it to work.
S Pittaway

Re: Web Browser

Postby Jay on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:59 pm

+1.
Just got my remote. In some cases we need to scroll sideways, as well.
Jay

Postby defrag on Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:17 pm

The difficulty with this is that the browser is the standard browser control that comes with .Net which is really designed to be used in windows forms with the mouse - after all it is just a cut down IE window without all the menus. I've often thought about building a better one as a seperate control and use xmovewindow to place it - but as usual it is buried in the pile of "it would be nice to..." bit like having card games etc...

I guess until Steven can either build or obtain a different control we are stuck with it.

Wes: is this being looked into for V3? It does kinda suck....
defrag

Postby wesblack on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:01 am

xLobby Version 3.0 will eventually have an address bar and also the ability to display the web address. Something similar to the code below but more intuitive for xLobbys interface.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dotnet/ZeBrowser.aspx

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:24 am

in the current release i noticed that

...scroll up/down for browser buttons...

Add been added, not sure if its just me but the new events/buttons dont seem to have much effect?
S Pittaway

Postby Jay on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:52 am

I see no effect at all.
Jay