DOWNLOAD ColbySkin 2.0

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby iGotNoTime on Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:06 am

Ok I have cloned the button for the movies option and renamed the title.

Now the movies that should come on the screen after clicking that I want to be from my ThaiMovies Database. But because I just copied the button the screen that comes on is the Overlay Show Movies or something close to that. Basically my American movies that are in my default movies database is what is displayed on the following screen.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for creating overlays or whatever I need to do next? I have a similar issue with my 'series' and 'concerts' buttons. Basically I think I just want to know how to do what was done for the Home Movies option. I think more or less it is the same concept. It shows video files from a different folder than what the standard movies database is. I want to use the same screen as the movies screen, but just show media from a different database. I have tried doing this for almost 2 hours and feel very frustrated. Any help at all would be appreciated.
iGotNoTime

Postby m_ski on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:09 pm

You need to create a new event for 'Thai movies'. This should be a copy of the 'Goto Movies' event but also include a 'set database' command which will change the category 'movies' so that it displays the database thaimovies rather than movies.
You then need to assign this new event to the 'Thai Movies' button.

So the event 'Goto Thai Movies' should be as follows...
1) Set database: category=movies, database=thaimovies
2) Goto Screen: Movies

You will also have to modify the Goto Movies event so that it resets the category back to the 'normal' movies database
1) Set database: category=movies, database=movies
2) Goto Screen: Movies
m_ski

Postby iGotNoTime on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:29 pm

I work third shift and figured it out 5 minutes before I left! Thank you very much for the reply though. The scrolling seems off but I think I should do this in another thread rather than cluttering up Colby's.

If a moderator wants to clean up this spam, please feel free. :)
iGotNoTime

Postby mattyk on Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:22 pm

Hi guys,

Colby2 is by far the best skin, its even wife approved. However the current download seems to be missing all the ppc xmls other than ppc menu, which does not display correcly.

Is there a seperate download for the PPC screens? can anyone help me out? I've started editing the ppc*.xml's from the default skin but its taking a while as i'm new xlobby.

Matty K
Lounge+shuttlePC+dac+touchscreen+ppc+eac+flac=innerpeace (when its all working:-)
mattyk

Postby choc on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:26 pm

Hi Colby2,

Thanks a lot for this skin ! Can you tell me what is the code to have access to the CONTROLS panel... And is it tunable ?

thanks by advance
olivier
choc

Postby Colby on Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:17 am

The generic code to this screen is 1800. To set your own screen password open the skin editor, goto the screen you want to protect, then select the screen tab of the editor and set the code. Close the editor.
Colby

Postby choc on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:06 pm

Thanks a lot Colby :wink:
choc

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:40 pm

Colby:

My control screen image (pic of the remote) is hanging until I hover over and off the contol button then it turns off. I have the latest and greatest experimental version loaded...wondering if you had a fix? Thanks
sharp_1

Postby Colby on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:10 pm

Sometimes the show/hide image can get broken in updates. It is an easy fix. Restart Xl. Then after the menu loads hit f2, open the skin editor. Select the controls button and make sure the show hide is correct. Then choose the controller image and make sure it is hidden by default. Also make sure no other button or image (including the the controller images itself) is activating the show hide. This should work. Good luck.
Colby

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:31 pm

I have created another problem for myself. I want to move my server to a different PC. I have copied all files assoc with xl to a cd then to the other PC. I keep crashing right after xl loads. Is there a way to move everything? I have built one rss feed and my movie database is linked to batch files for my mega changer...I would hate to have to redo everything. ugh!!
sharp_1

Postby Colby on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:40 pm

I am guessing that your paths may be incorrect on the new pc. If your dbs reference M: as music or Program Files/Xlobby as directory, then changing them would yeild error.

I would suggest setting up Xlobby on your new machine from start. Then go about adding pieces ie. databases and skins and such until it works.

Did you move all the media to this new server too?
Colby

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:05 pm

I guess a rebuild would be good for me since I am very much in the beginning of the learning curve hear. Thanks.
sharp_1

Postby Colby on Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:16 am

You dont have to re-do everything. Just build it all back piece by piece. You can still copy and paste from your previous cd. Starting completely over would be insane.
Colby

Postby sharp_1 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:32 pm

Is there a way to clone an entire screen. I am using the simplicity skin for now. I noticed that the Colby skin only has controls for music and not movies. I guess I should tell you that I am using xLobby as a controller to my Sony mega changer via a serial modem cable...just want to be able to pause and everthing else like my remote does but I want to do it serially and with my thin client..which I am still working on.
sharp_1

Postby Colby on Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:44 pm

the easiest way to clone an entire screen is go into the skin directory and pick the page.xml you want a double of. Then copy and paste this xml. Viola. now restart XL and your copy page will be present. Then edit away.
Colby

PreviousNext