Music import problem with the band AC/DC

Help each other out

Music import problem with the band AC/DC

Postby WannaTheater on Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:22 am

Hi, for some reason when I import music, the band "AC/DC" gets split into 2 bands:
"AC" and "DC". Each has the same elements.

I am importing using Artist>Album, so I end up with the following:

AC
..Back In Black
..Who Made Who
DC
..Back In Black
..Who Made Who

Obviously the import parser is having a problem with the "/"
Short of changing all my tagged songs to "AC-DC", has anyone found a workaround? (I know there are some AC/DC fans out there)

Thanks!
WannaTheater

Re: Music import problem with the band AC/DC

Postby bmblank on Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:09 am

Sorry, all of my music got sorted into "ACDC". At least the filenames and folders are like that. I'm not positive whats actually in the tag.
These must not be in artist/album/song.mp3 format, are they? Windows shouldn't let you name a folder with a slash in it I don't think.
Check out MusicBrainz. They have some programs that will automatically tag your music after analyzing it to figure out what song it is. You might be able to basically say save all of these ac/dc songs as ac-dc and do it automatically.
bmblank

Postby WannaTheater on Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:31 pm

All filenames and directories have AC-DC in filename (no '/')
But all the individual song mps files are tagged with "AC/DC" as artist (no problem with '/' in mp3 tags).
I am importing by Artist->Album.

I will just "retag" artist name to AC-DC (or ACDC)... whichever one is handled best by XLobby.
WannaTheater

Postby slaman on Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:33 am

WannaTheater wrote:All filenames and directories have AC-DC in filename (no '/')
But all the individual song mps files are tagged with "AC/DC" as artist (no problem with '/' in mp3 tags).
I am importing by Artist->Album.

I will just "retag" artist name to AC-DC (or ACDC)... whichever one is handled best by XLobby.

Both are handled fine by XLobby. The '/' character is used as a delimiter to separate entries within the database. In a regular expression, you would be able to "escape" the delimiter using '\/' - never tried it with XLobby database entries, but it's worth investigating?
slaman