Switching Databases? And Links...

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Switching Databases? And Links...

Postby Blake on Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:38 am

Basically, I have setup a screen to have all of my television series listed. When I click on the series, I want it to jump to that point in my listing of television shows.

For example, if I click Deadwood, I want it to go to the next screen (tvviewer) and skip to the start of the Deadwood episodes. Or if I click Seinfeld, to jump ahead to the start of Seinfeld episodes.

Is this possible, and if so, how do you go from one database (tvseries) to another (tvshows) or something like that? And after switching databases, how do you have it start on the item you want?

Or is there an easier way to do this that I'm overlooking? I'm sure there's a way to do it, I just haven't figured it out.

Basically, I have my "Category" and then "Items." Can I combine these in one database? I just want to have a screen with the different series and then have the subscreen just have the episodes listed or have it go to episode #1 and then you can scroll down as in the movie viewer.

Thanks for any and all help!! :)
Blake

Postby Blake on Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:34 pm

Thinking about it a bit more...could the music module be modified? Have the "Album" as the "Tv Series" with the "Track Listing" as the "Episodes"?

Hmm...got the whole weekend to tinker...

If you have any other ideas, please let me know.
Blake

Postby sagitaz on Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:33 am

look my skin (Xmedia2-games ), ok it's a french skin but my videos screen it's ok for tvseries.

in videos screen i just have the covers off the series and when i click on covers, i go to videosdetails screen when i have all episode off the select series.

for do this you need an videos database do with container option.

the first screen "videos" need a category assigned to an event with back + goto videosdetails.
sagitaz

Postby Colby on Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:17 am

Blake,
Sagitz is correct, you simply need to import your database as a container where every series will be nestled under a series heading. One database will suffice. It is important that your media is organized correctly or that you use the proper import metamasks. Basically if your media has a folder ie. Seinfeld, w/ episode 1, episode 2, ... etc. within; then upon import of the media directory,the first category results will be the series folder names, then the next level will be the episode media inside. The actual video files will be found on the details page of the database. You can also add custom "tags" to better sort your files if you want. Your tv database would actually much like a photo database.

I think there is some info on setting up db, if not we are here.
Colby

Postby Blake on Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:12 pm

Well, I just tried setting up sub-items and it seems to work, however, once I go to the sub-items screen, how do I get back up a category? I've tried all the "goto: Previous screens" going to the main file menu, but nothing. What command will take me "up" in the database out of the subitems?
Blake

Postby Atlas on Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:23 am

You want to create an event and use category>back. Create a button and assign the new event. Perhaps the skin you are using already has the event defined. Just assign it to a button on your screen.
Atlas