Sharing my database

Help each other out

Sharing my database

Postby smeehrrr on Wed May 05, 2004 5:44 am

I'm pretty sure you can't do what I'm about to describe in Xlobby, but I figured it can't hurt to ask.

I have a number of DVDs ripped to a server, and I play these over the network to a couple of different client machines (right now an HTPC and a laptop). What I'd really like to do is have these two machines share the movie database from the server, so I only need to update one location when I add content. Mainlobby appears to be decent at doing this sort of thing.

Is there any way to make something like this happen in Xlobby?
smeehrrr

Postby stevenhanna6 on Wed May 05, 2004 5:18 pm

I will not outdone by mainlobby that is for sure, I have just finished that feature(something i started a while ago but nobody used it). You'll want to make sure you have access to the databases folder then go into setup and "add xml db" then point to your movies.xml database for your clients so they share your server's database.

You must be careful though...when ever you edit the db you should refresh the other machines using that db. All you have to do is click a refresh button on the screen and it will reload the xml db from the newly saved file....or if you want to be really safe...exit xlobby on the clients and restart.

new exe need for this
http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip
stevenhanna6

Postby smeehrrr on Wed May 05, 2004 11:38 pm

Wow, that was fast! I'll try this out tonight. Thanks.
smeehrrr