DVD copy - set-up

V3 help and support questions

DVD copy - set-up

Postby vaporhat on Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Somehow my DVD copy functionality got fouled up. A seemingly simple set-up and for some reason I can get it to work again properly. Feeling a little slow today :(

Would someone please post up their DVD FAD Decrypter set-up window for me?
vaporhat

Re: DVD copy - set-up

Postby billberet on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:12 pm

i'm not home at the moment so i can't post my screens, but i can tell you
the only thing i did was choose the output directory.
but it didn't work till i went into dvdfab once outside of xlobby, and clicked copy entire disk, just to make sure it works.
then i went into xlobby and it worked fine.
if you still need details, i can post them when i get home tonight.
billberet

Postby vaporhat on Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:45 pm

I was able to copy the DVD if I went though the Alt F2 and typed the movie name in all caps.
Although the overlay that pops up does not allow me to input any text. hummm
vaporhat

Postby billberet on Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:59 pm

yea when my dvd copy pops up it just copies the name from the dvd image, there is no place to edit that, unless you go into the database after it has finished.

dvd usually has the correct names,
all of my movies are downloaded so the image name is has been edited in one shape or another,
so i have to remove the underscores or any mistypes from the names, but that's ok.
billberet

Postby vaporhat on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:41 pm

mine pops up blank :( I must be missing a parameter somewhere. Where should I look?
vaporhat

Postby billberet on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:14 pm

there are 2 different parts to this equation (dvd copy) (meta mask)
the dvd copy will transfer the files but the database information, like the name, is done from the meta mask
after the dvd was finished copied, open up windows explorer and navigate to where the movie is located.
is the movie name the correct name in the directory? if you go into F2, then configure the plugin, double check the output directory.

if the directory has the movie name, then it's the meta mask for the DVD import we have to look at next.
make sure you have the correct meta mask.

i had an issue when i first began, i did not output the movie to the correct directory, i was one level deep, so the meta mask never found the movie, once i found the correct location to put the movie, i was golden.
billberet

Postby vaporhat on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:23 pm

I have an issue with my skin.. for some reason I can not type the name of the movie in the overlay window anymore. Not sure why but I need to look into this. If it's obvious to anyone feel free to shine in ;)
vaporhat